New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    peeps, been thinking about having my carb checked out and possibly cleaned out. un kasi ang suspect ko for the low fuel mileage i've been getting.

nasa 7km/L lang nakukuha ko(my ride is an '89 1.3L corolla XL)...but i've read a lot of posts na malaki ang chance that things might get a lot worse once the carb gets fiddled with.

i'm planning to take my ride to any one of the carb shops along kamuning -- dun a A&M in particular. ok ba dun?
    Last edited by badkuk; May 27th, 2007 at 05:22 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    When I still had my 96' XE, my city consumption was 9-10 km/li.

:toma: [SIZE="2"]2959[/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Ok naman sa a&m, look for mando. sa kanaya ako lagi pumupunta pag may problem ang car ko.

however, look at the condition of your spark plugs first. how does it look like? maiitim ba, full of soot?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka need lang muna ng tune up yan (plugs, contact point, condenser, timing, air cleaner, etc) . pag lagi ka sa traffic talagang ganyan ang consumption niyan. Air/fuel mixture sa carb also contributes to a high fuel consumption.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    can a 1999/2000 Honda civic vtec vti with a kilometer reading of 175K+, casa-maintained, still has a chance to improve its fuel mileage/efficiency? if so, what should be done? thanks

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    What is your current FC and driving habits?

Driving habits has a big factor in your FC.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    well, driving at 40-60kph in city; averaging 80-100kph in hiway (slex/STAR hiway). no so-called jack-rabbit starts

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    What milage are you currently getting?

Best way is to maintain your car properly. If you need to change the oil and get a tune up. And keep your air filter clean. Try to drive with a light foot and coast as much as you can. By coast I mean car in gear, not neutral, foot of the gas pedal and ready to apply gas or brake as needed. Best done downhill.

Another thing is you can use energy conserving oil. Havoline Energy is a good example. But dont use those gas saving devices.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    regualr maintenance is a big help pra constant FC. ako i try not to rev over 4k kng hindi kelngn. learning to coast has also made a big difference din. (leadfooted kse ako dati e ). try to maintain ur recommended tire pressure as well.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    What is your current FC and driving habits?

Driving habits has a big factor in your FC.
    +1 sa driving habits sir...

Fuel Consumption Efficiency [Merged]