New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    i have searched through the idle-up topics here but didn't find the answer i really need.

ano po ba talaga ang correct setting ng idle up? sakin kase pag nag on ang a/, tumataas yung rpm ko ng about half a centimeter to a point that i can really feel the jerking at kapag nakastop, ramdam yung sudden vibration pag on ng compressor. ok lang ba ito? or dapat d nagbabago yung rpm kapag nag on ang a/c for as long as it will no go down (otherwise defeating the purpose of the idle-up mechanism)

TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The idle up mechanisms (vacuum and vacuum switch) compensates for the load that your aircon adds to your engine. Say if you idle smoothly at 700 rpm (differs from engine to engine) and you turn your aircon on, your rpm would drop to 650 or 600 which in turn would make your engine vibrates. What the idle up mechanism do is to increase your idle rpm everytime your A/C compressor turns on. It's like a foot pressing on the accelerator pedal (automatically of course) so your engine won't vibrate. IMO, idle up should be adjusted to the same ea. 700rpm when the aircon is on.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Thanks sir afrasay, that pretty much answers my question -- so dapat talaga i compensate lang yung added load, and should idle at same rpm, mine idles at 750 and goes to around 800 kapag nag on ang a/c kaya cguro lakas ng jerk.

mejo O.T....given ng 750 ang RPM ko without lights on...pero at night nasa 700 lang because of the added load ng headlight...normal lang ba yung ibinababa nya?

TIA!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok lang yan yan. Pero i would suggest to adjust it with the engine warm-up and with the headlights on. Do you have upgraded lamps? 100w? Some cars with small engines have idle up compensators just for the park/headlights like my Samurai. Jerk? baka malambot na engine support mo.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Beetols,

Praning ka lang. Welcome to the club! Hehe. Yan sila Alfred, Otep, at Ungas, masarap kulitin yan kasi ambilis sumagot. Hehe.

About your idle up setting, yup, dapat same as normal idling without AC, nakapagtanung tanong na rin ako. Ikaw nalang mag-adjust...madali lang naman yan.

Alfred,
    Si Beetols yung friend ko na nameet mo sa Marikina Badminton.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ah the guy with the pickup, i remember na.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    yung sakin pag naka on yung A/C tumataas up to more than 1000 rpm. pag nako off mga 800 lang. pano ko ma-aajust?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    bakit yung sakin baligtad? pag nakaengaged a/c nsa 650rpm pro pag disengage taas bigla sa 1100 rpm? help!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Box Type,
    Malamang wala kang Idle-up. Alam ko yung sakin wala din eh. I drive a local trooper 98 model.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mine naman is 400rpm when off ac. it will jump to 800 when ac is on. Do you think kelangan ko din pa-adjust? btw, 1.3 carb engine nga pla akin. thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Idle-up setting