New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    hi all

the gas boy filled up Gas instead of Diesel to my friends Van (Kia), My friend asked why the gas boy filled up gas instead of Diesel. the gas boy replied "Sir, okay lang un sir tatakbo naman yan" believing what the gas boy said, my friend after filling up drove away, after 2-3 km of travel the Van started to Jerk and stalled. So my friend went back to gas station (Caltex) to complain

Question:
    1. What will happen to the engine / fuel line / ? (overhaul, fush..etc)??
    2.will caltex shoulder all the expenses?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i think basta may resibo pwedeng sagutin ng gas station, sa gas boy naman dapat isang matinding sipa

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jansky View Post
    hi all

the gas boy filled up Gas instead of Diesel to my friends Van (Kia), My friend asked why the gas boy filled up gas instead of Diesel. the gas boy replied "Sir, okay lang un sir tatakbo naman yan" believing what the gas boy said, my friend after filling up drove away, after 2-3 km of travel the Van started to Jerk and stalled. So my friend went back to gas station (Caltex) to complain

Question:
    1. What will happen to the engine / fuel line / ? (overhaul, fush..etc)??
    2.will caltex shoulder all the expenses?

kawawang gas boy...

anu sabi ng caltex station sir?

sorry sir, pero natatawa lang ako doon sa gasoline boy. no disrespect meant.

caltex should shoulder atleast 50% of the expenses. it is also your friends responsibilty to be knowledgeable for the right "thing/s" for his/her car. pero 1st things first, dapat alam ng gas boy yun, eto yung mortal sin ng caltex, second, bakit siya naniwala sa gasboy?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    To answer your questions:
    1. What are the effects of Gasoline in a diesel engine?
    1.a Gasoline will pre-ignite before the piston reaches the top dead center, causing stress on connecting rods, pistons, rings, crank shaft bearings and cylinder head. The connecting rods may break, piston rings may also break.
    1.b Due to un timed ignition, it may cause overheating and may destroy the cylinder head.
    1.c It may also cause the diesel engine's rpm to go up more than the red line, destroying the rings and bore.

2. Fuel lines
    2.a fuel lines could rupture.
    2.b it would destroy the rubber seals of the injection pump, causing the engine to stall.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    kawawang gas boy...

anu sabi ng caltex station sir?

sorry sir, pero natatawa lang ako doon sa gasoline boy. no disrespect meant.

caltex should shoulder atleast 50% of the expenses. [SIZE=4]it is[/SIZE] also your friends responsibilty to be knowledgeable for the right "thing/s" for his/her car. pero 1st things first, dapat alam ng gas boy yun, eto yung mortal sin ng caltex, second, bakit siya [SIZE=4]naniwala[/SIZE] sa gasboy?
    x1000!
    SUS! diesel na nga yun sasakyan bakit ipipilit o maniniwala na puwedeng tumakbo sa gas?! marami kasi sa mga driver ngayon maneho lang ng maneho wala o kulang na sa kaalaman.
    kaya ako todo tutok ko sa naglalagay ng krudo at matindi kong binibilin na DIESEL ang ikakarga sa sasakyan ko. kaya matinding ingat sa susunod kundi gastos!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    given that the gas boy is at fault, the solution could have been easier kung umiral lang ang presence of mind ng driver, di na sana niya pinaandar ang sasakyan, tinulak na lang sa vacant space ng gas station, ask the gas boy to drain the fuel tank and eventually dry up the tank using pressurized air which is available naman sa gas station. di naman aakyat ang gasoline sa fuel lines kung di paandarin ang makina.

this could have been over in a few hours or a whole day maybe....

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    saang Caltex ito?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by a3n3as View Post
    i think basta may resibo pwedeng sagutin ng gas station, sa gas boy naman dapat isang matinding sipa
    Mr. a3n3as is right! Sagot ng Station ang pag drain ng Gas Tank niyo, lahat ng magagastos til the car runs smoothly!! ITS a Protocol! As Far As I Know, cause ganyan kami sa Petron!hahaha

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    hay naku.

kamusta naman yung sasakyan?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    just a quick update

my friend insist na i-drain pala ung gas pero nagmagaling ung gas boy(which happen to be a supervisor also).

as of now.. drain nila ung gas pero di pa ata nagana eh
    i'll keep you posted..

"ignorance kill"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
filled up gas instead Diesel