New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jansky View Post
    just a quick update

my friend insist na i-drain pala ung gas pero nagmagaling ung gas boy(which happen to be a supervisor also).

as of now.. drain nila ung gas pero di pa ata nagana eh
    i'll keep you posted..

"ignorance kill"
    bakit pumayag siya na iandar yun sasakyan at di ayusin? kung ako yan inupakan ko yan kung pagpipilitan ang gusto nya! ano sya mekaniko? kaya nga hindi interchangeable ang gas at diesel eh! san bang caltex station yan?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bok_yo View Post
    given that the gas boy is at fault, the solution could have been easier kung umiral lang ang presence of mind ng driver, di na sana niya pinaandar ang sasakyan, tinulak na lang sa vacant space ng gas station, ask the gas boy to drain the fuel tank and eventually dry up the tank using pressurized air which is available naman sa gas station. di naman aakyat ang gasoline sa fuel lines kung di paandarin ang makina.

this could have been over in a few hours or a whole day maybe....
    +1 dito. sana idinrain na lang agad..
    Hindi dapat siya naniwala sa gasoline boy na pwede iload ng gas ang diesel engine..
    FTW gasoline boy!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hi all

the gas boy filled up Gas instead of Diesel to my friends Van (Kia), My friend asked why the gas boy filled up gas instead of Diesel. the gas boy replied "Sir, okay lang un sir tatakbo naman yan" believing what the gas boy said, my friend after filling up drove away, after 2-3 km of travel the Van started to Jerk and stalled. So my friend went back to gas station (Caltex) to complain

Question:
    1. What will happen to the engine / fuel line / ? (overhaul, fush..etc)?? Effect will depend on how much gasoline was loaded. I don't think an overhaul will be necessary. Just drain the fuel system including the filter's contents, and load with fresh diesel. Car should be ok.
    2.will caltex shoulder all the expenses? This will depend on how well your friend negotiates. But at the very least, the gas station should pay for a full tank of diesel, plus cost of labor for draining and refuelling.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    happened to me once... the station manager himself drained the tank. hindi naman na drain lahat pero siguro may kalahating cup of gas na natira. compressed air na lang para magig vapor ang gas. umandar naman ng maayos after. hindi nga lang namin pina andar nag malayo. just from the pump to the lift.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Usually pag nagpapagas ako, i tell the guy the amount and type of fuel to fill(XCS, unleaded, etc.) Di ba naisabi ng friend mo dun sa magaling na gas boy?

Maaaring me kasalanan din ung friend mo for not being alert enough to check what fuel was being loaded...but the fact is that you brought this up with the gas boy, who fed you wrong information, thus making a bad situation even worse.

ireport nyo yan sa owner ng gas station, or the franchiser...supervisor pala siya e wala naman palang alam, nagmamarunong pa. Di pala maganda training nila sa tauhan.

At the very least they should drain your tank and load the correct fuel.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Good news is that you filled gas to a diesel instead of the other way around.
    You should still have your fuel system drained and filled up with diesel.

I saw one episode of the amazing race when one contestant did the same thing. lucky for them that the guy in the gas station was able to drain all the fuel in the tank and replenish it with diesel in less than 2 hours.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyfoot View Post
    Good news is that you filled gas to a diesel instead of the other way around.
    You should still have your fuel system drained and filled up with diesel.

I saw one episode of the amazing race when one contestant did the same thing. lucky for them that the guy in the gas station was able to drain all the fuel in the tank and replenish it with diesel in less than 2 hours.
    afaik, mas hazardous ang gas to a diesel engine.

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    same thing happened to me with my crosswind it was a Petron Station in Sto Tomas Batangas...the gasoline girls put XCS on my 4JA1..buti na lang at before I fill up pinatay ko yung engine then napansin ko agad na gasoline yung fill-up niya kaya napastop ko agad pero around 100pesos na yung naload. The next thing we did is drain the tank....ayaw pa nila ibleed yung fuel lines but I insisted and found out na meron na din gasoline dun before the fuel filter...but after bleeding and top-up with diesel one click na ulit..after that incident switch to caltex na ako...dapat naman iorient ng mga owners ang service personnel nila about engines..yung crosswind ko nga eh may nakasulat ng "diesel" sa labas at loob ng fuel cover pero gas pa din ang nilagay...dapat iorient nilang mabuti kasi sila din ang masisira sa customer...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    happened to me once, diesel naman nailagay sa gas engine ko, di talaga inoorient mga gasoline boys kaya dapat tinitingnan i have a gasoline sticker too on my fuel tank cover. good thing bago ko inistart i saw the the gasoline boy returning the pump nozzles sa diesel kaya natanong ko, talked to the supervisor and they drained and measured the contents of the tank tapos filled it up again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
filled up gas instead Diesel