New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Just bought a copycat of this provent 200 catch can around 1.8k.

Looking at feedback if its true that these copy provent catch cans are “good enough” and “safe enough” to use.

Did alot of research on OCCs and came across this article that states that these copycat provents did as well as other non-provent big brand oil catch cans.
    UNSEALED 4X4 ISSUE 057

Car is a 2020 fortuner 6,000 kms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    How much and where did you buy? Online? Looks ok...im just worried that the element might get clogged restricting the blowby gas

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    ^ ok naman din yan, just ensure that the rubber hose is the right size so as not to restrict the flow of blow by gas. the filter medium get easily soaked too with oil depending on the oil coming with the blow by gas and may get clogged so you need to replace it often. ask the seller if meron siya ng filter with steel mesh medium so you can just wash it with degreaser and re-use.

btw, i removed and stopped using it in my montero about 2-3yrs ago ang replaced it instead with a generic occ. i had traces of oil leaking in the turbo area which i think due to the provent occ and nawala na ng mapalitan.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    How much and where did you buy? Online? Looks ok...im just worried that the element might get clogged restricting the blowby gas
    Found a supplier sa fb benta nga P1,800. Hirap kasi if from shipping overseas matagal

True was thinking about that nga eh. Gagana kaya pa rin if tangalin ung filter element? Hahahaha

5. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    ^ ok naman din yan, just ensure that the rubber hose is the right size so as not to restrict the flow of blow by gas. the filter medium get easily soaked too with oil depending on the oil coming with the blow by gas and may get clogged so you need to replace it often. ask the seller if meron siya ng filter with steel mesh medium so you can just wash it with degreaser and re-use.

btw, i removed and stopped using it in my montero about 2-3yrs ago ang replaced it instead with a generic occ. i had traces of oil leaking in the turbo area which i think due to the provent occ and nawala na ng mapalitan.

Yes was looking into proper hosing to prevent any backpressure from ruining the engine. The diameter of the inlets are 25mm so its big, bigger than the hosing ata ng fortuner.

Will also look into the mesh filter insert cuz i dont want to keep buying din hehe.

Nagleak kaya sa turbo bc of backpressure? New monty ba yan? U replaced it with the regular greddy aluminum ones? Ok ba?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by hdj80 View Post
    Yes was looking into proper hosing to prevent any backpressure from ruining the engine. The diameter of the inlets are 25mm so its big, bigger than the hosing ata ng fortuner.

Will also look into the mesh filter insert cuz i dont want to keep buying din hehe.

Nagleak kaya sa turbo bc of backpressure? New monty ba yan? U replaced it with the regular greddy aluminum ones? Ok ba?

not sure if may back pressure pero may traces ng oil leak after few months na naikabit. mga mahigit 2yrs old na unit ko ng maikabit, posted the photo here in older thread. yes, yung generic oil cans, nawala yung trace ng oil after that. now, nasa storage lang yung provent copy ko with steel mesh type filter element. i can sell sa interested[emoji28]

7. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    not sure if may back pressure pero may traces ng oil leak after few months na naikabit. mga mahigit 2yrs old na unit ko ng maikabit, posted the photo here in older thread. yes, yung generic oil cans, nawala yung trace ng oil after that. now, nasa storage lang yung provent copy ko with steel mesh type filter element. i can sell sa interested[emoji28]

Hmm sounds like pressure buildup nga boss. Kasi since you switched to the new generic cans, na wala filtration empty can, di na nagkabuildup.

Did it do damage to the seals of the engine or turbo or wala naman leak lang?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by hdj80 View Post
    Hmm sounds like pressure buildup nga boss. Kasi since you switched to the new generic cans, na wala filtration empty can, di na nagkabuildup.

Did it do damage to the seals of the engine or turbo or wala naman leak lang?

no damage naman, may trace ng leak lang before. now, hardly noticeable na yung blow by oil, i haven't drain the OCC for quite awhile na, wala din naman laman. kahit dun sa outlet hose ng occ na nakasalpak sa air intake line prior to turbo compressor side, barely na my trace ng oil. i checked also the outlet of the intercooler nung nagpalit ng timing belt at ipinalinis ko up to intake manifold, malinis at walang oil gunk deposits.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Mahal ng 1,800. I got two for P815 each only via Lazada. Ships from overseas but item arrived in exactly one week. From pictures it looks identical to what hdj80 got. Planning to use with Pajero and Everest.
    Last edited by Dr.Kamiya; March 13th, 2020 at 12:34 AM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Mahal ng 1,800. I got two for P815 each only via Lazada. Ships from overseas but item arrived in exactly one week. From pictures it looks identical to what hdj80 got. Planning to use with Pajero and Everest.
    Hehehe yes I saw those in Lazada as well. Tempted to order but my last overseas order took 2 weeks to arrive. Decided to just buy the more expensive one here kasi instant.

Good to hear tho it arrived in one week. Takot lang ako madedelay shipment from overseas bc of ncov problems

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast