New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    I bought a brand new crosswind, expecting that it'll serve me in the next 10 years basta sundin lang ang proper maintenance. Durable daw kasi at easy to maintain ang crosswind. may mga 2000 model nga naman na hanggang ngayun eh maayos pa ang takbo.

Does the Euro4 compliance rule make my selection of the crosswind a bad choice? So ibig sabihin kahit bago lang sya maoobliga akong idispatya sya once that Euro4 compliance rule is implemented??

Please someone enlighten me....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pdx View Post
    I bought a brand new crosswind, expecting that it'll serve me in the next 10 years basta sundin lang ang proper maintenance. Durable daw kasi at easy to maintain ang crosswind. may mga 2000 model nga naman na hanggang ngayun eh maayos pa ang takbo.

Does the Euro4 compliance rule make my selection of the crosswind a bad choice? So ibig sabihin kahit bago lang sya maoobliga akong idispatya sya once that Euro4 compliance rule is implemented??

Just mix 2T oil with every tank of fuel and you'll be fine. The 2T will help replace the lost lubricity with the lack of sulfur in euro 4 fuel.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pdx View Post

Right now the mandate is for manufacturing and selling vehicles. Don't worry. I think you will be able to reach your 10-year goal before another mandate for old vehicles is implemented. Also Euro 4 fuels will work fine on your crosswind. No need to put anything on it. The lubrication deficit issue is now a myth...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    Just mix 2T oil with every tank of fuel and you'll be fine. The 2T will help replace the lost lubricity with the lack of sulfur in euro 4 fuel.
    Lubricity is the same across the board, whether it's Euro 2 or Euro 4 (or Euro 5 or 6, etc.)

I mean no offense when I say this.... People that claim 2T helps in Diesels are usually just basing this belief on anecdotal evidence. For example, if the engine seems quieter running on pre-mixed 2T, it's just quite possible that the engine is not making as much power, among other possible reasons.

Sorry for the OT...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Right now the mandate is for manufacturing and selling vehicles. Don't worry. I think you will be able to reach your 10-year goal before another mandate for old vehicles is implemented. Also Euro 4 fuels will work fine on your crosswind. No need to put anything on it. The lubrication deficit issue is now a myth...
    Thanks a lot Mr. Djerms for that.

When I've read about this Euro4 stuff I felt cheated...hehe
    Bkit kmi binentahan ng Crosswind gayung hindi naman na pala syang pwedeng gamitin in the next couple of years.

Kasalanan ko na din, kasi di ko niresearch. If i knew about this earlier baka nagInnova na lang ako. Pero so far, sobrang kuntento ako dito sa crosswind. Not until I heard about that Euro4 rule. Buti na lang nilinaw ninyo. (and isa pa hindi na kaya ng budget ko yung Innova, mas mahal sya eh..)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Lubricity is the same across the board, whether it's Euro 2 or Euro 4 (or Euro 5 or 6, etc.)

I mean no offense when I say this.... People that claim 2T helps in Diesels are usually just basing this belief on anecdotal evidence. For example, if the engine seems quieter running on pre-mixed 2T, it's just quite possible that the engine is not making as much power, among other possible reasons.

Sorry for the OT...
    I'm basing it on my actual use. I tried it with my 4M40. I posted this some years ago here on tsikot.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm basing it on my actual use. I tried it with my 4M40. I posted this some years ago here on tsikot.

As oj88 said. A quieter engine doesn't necessarily mean injectors are more lubricated. Could also mean its making less power.

I've yet to see a scientific evidence proving 2T as beneficial to a diesel engine. I read a study that it did more harm in the long run tho.

2T = 2 stroke....

Better off buying an additive dedicated for diesels.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009

There's already a "substantive, peer-reviewed study" that's already been done "that doesn't rely on anecdotal evidence" here.

I really don't want to go into a debate, which I'm sure will just bring us back to zero. It's a new year! Let's just agree to disagree.

But on top of the fact that I personally don't believe that 2T oil is helping, I'm also not keen on adding more pollutants to the fuel mix. I feel that having a high quality, pure Diesel fuel in the tank is all you need.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    There's already a "substantive, peer-reviewed study" that's already been done "that doesn't rely on anecdotal evidence" here.

I really don't want to go into a debate, which I'm sure will just bring us back to zero. It's a new year! Let's just agree to disagree.

But on top of the fact that I personally don't believe that 2T oil is helping, I'm also not keen on adding more pollutants to the fuel mix. I feel that having a high quality, pure Diesel fuel in the tank is all you need.
    Amen to this!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2013

Thanks sir oj88,this will help a lot to all diesel cars owner

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast