New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    What it is the airflow indication on the scanner? It should be around 1 gram per second per liter of engine displacement. Check other engine parameters. The engine vacuum should be between 17 and 21 inches of mercury. Use gauges, do not base your judgment on opinions and guesses
    Based on mazda mechanic, scanner shows that I have MAF sensor malfunction, I need to replace it as well as spark plugs and fuel filter also clean the throttle body. The new MAF is so expensive, is it okay to use a second hand MAF?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pavila03 View Post
    Based on mazda mechanic, scanner shows that I have MAF sensor malfunction, I need to replace it as well as spark plugs and fuel filter also clean the throttle body. The new MAF is so expensive, is it okay to use a second hand MAF?

sounds like your mechanic is trying "catch all" guesses hoping to "fix" the symptoms. look for a competent technician. sure you might need a minor tune up (ignition secondary tune up) and air filter change. but it sure sounds like he is a typical "mechanic", does not really know what is happening and experimenting by replacing parts at your expense

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    during the vietnam war, it was called carpet bombing (just bomb the hell out of them) because it was too long and costly to seek out the NVA, now, it is the "smart bomb" with pinpoint accuracy (bomb thru your bathroom window). no more guesses and shotgun symptom shootout of the symptom. just get it done with the least cost and least disruption

4. Join Date
    Oct 2016
    sounds like your mechanic is trying "catch all" guesses hoping to "fix" the symptoms. look for a competent technician. sure you might need a minor tune up (ignition secondary tune up) and air filter change. but it sure sounds like he is a typical "mechanic", does not really know what is happening and experimenting by replacing parts at your expense
    during the vietnam war, it was called carpet bombing (just bomb the hell out of them) because it was too long and costly to seek out the NVA, now, it is the "smart bomb" with pinpoint accuracy (bomb thru your bathroom window). no more guesses and shotgun symptom shootout of the symptom. just get it done with the least cost and least disruption

Do you have any recommendations?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Measure the engine intake vacuum both cold and normal operating temperature. If you can, have a printout of the PCM parameter readins and post it here.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by pavila03 View Post
    RAV$ nang cousin ko dtai may ganyan ding symptoms. Yung problem pala is the thermostat. Hindi umiinit agad so reading nang ECU eh dapat kunti lang gas ipump kasi hindi pa mainit makina. Toyota casa gumawa nun. Minsan din sa airflow nga, may sensor dyan na kapag sira or barado, erratic din ang idling.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If walang CEL, mechanical ang issue. I would try sa pinaka-madali... from spark plugs, fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, etc. Mas madali sana if naka CEL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12