New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quick question to the folks here. I have been experiencing intermittent engine vibration/idling on my 2008 Altis whenever I do a full stop. This happens particularly on heavy traffic whevever I am on a stop and go situation. This does not happen often but I am concerned that this might lead to something more serious. I have actually asked assistance from the casa but the technicians were not able to catch the vibrating during the road test. Please provide your ideas on the issue.

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Can you explain on what kind of vibration? if it's like a long shaking motion whenever you're from a stop, the cause for this will more likely be the Engine Mounts Supports or Transmission Supports. maybe either is already defective. You should replace the mentioned parts ASAP if these are confirmed culprits.

have your car checked at a certified Shop.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    you may have an engine misfire , get it checked as soon as possible .

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Chief,

Question, is your car automatic? If yes, during the engine vibration, are you still engaged in the "D" or drive position? What if in Neutral, do you experience the same?
    If manual, better check your idle speed sensor.
    Try also consulting other certified casa's. Thanks

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Mga Sir,

If the car is A/T, might need to check your idle. May want to have the Servo cleaned or Idle adjusted.

Got the same issue with my Accord. Magpaplinis pa lang po ng Servo.

Many thanks!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Thanks uls for fixing my car and saving me a lot of money. Last night i noticed my 2011 Altis' engine sounded rough and there was noticeable vibration at idle. The vibration was worse when i shift to R or D, at idle, brake applied. Driving it felt less powerful and rougher than before. Brought the car to the shop this morning and quoted me a ton of stuff and i had to leave my car. I called uls to ask him if replacing all those parts were necessary and he said "wtf". Brought the car to uls and they fixed it in an hour! These are only the parts replaced:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    ano name ng shop casa ni uls?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    benta mo na kasi yan B

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    ano name ng shop casa ni uls?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    not a car related shop actually

we just have mechanics who aren't OA

and we're near banawe so access to car parts is easy

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Bathory View Post
    Thanks uls for fixing my car and saving me a lot of money. Last night i noticed my 2011 Altis' engine sounded rough and there was noticeable vibration at idle. The vibration was worse when i shift to R or D, at idle, brake applied. Driving it felt less powerful and rougher than before. Brought the car to the shop this morning and quoted me a ton of stuff and i had to leave my car. I called uls to ask him if replacing all those parts were necessary and he said "wtf". Brought the car to uls and they fixed it in an hour! These are only the parts replaced:

that's nice. good job uls!

err.. uls may i have your number?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Engine vibration/idling on  2008 Altis