New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hi,

i am driving an 8 year old lancer glx (first owned). it's just an all stock, city driven car, though sometimes manila-pampanga, manila-meycauayan.

medyo mayanig na ang makina nya, ramdam na ng onti sa cabin. pag bukas ang pinto e up/down na ang movement ng door. during idle, ok pa sya, pero once na nag-engage na ang aircon, e nagiiba ang yanig - mas malikot, pero 900 parin naman ang rpm.

i looked into my engine support and i found no cracks to all of them. question ko ngayon e, dapat na ba palitan ang engine support kahit wala pang crack? at this stage, do i need to change it na?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The rubber itself might be old and hard already... but there are also other possible reasons for the vibration... still, replacing the mounts at this point might be a good idea if they haven't been replaced yet.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    yup, mahirap din makita yung cracks sa likod. minsan you have to pry the rubber a bit to see if meron. bring it to a shop and have it checked well imo.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Totoo ang sabi ni Speedyfix that motor mount hard to see kung broken o hindi. It look's like buo ang itsura kung titingnan mo pero that rubber between the motor(engine mounting) and the mounting on the chassis are compressing the rubber that is why hard to see kung split na o hindi. I wont risk myself looking under with the motor idling, but your case is a motor mount ang sira.

What the heck, replace it total mura lang naman yan at pagod na sa kabubuhat ng buong makina sa loob ng WALONG TAON.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Totoo ang sabi ni Speedyfix that motor mount hard to see kung broken o hindi. It look's like buo ang itsura kung titingnan mo pero that rubber between the motor(engine mounting) and the mounting on the chassis are compressing the rubber that is why hard to see kung split na o hindi. I wont risk myself looking under with the motor idling, but your case is a motor mount ang sira.

What the heck, replace it total mura lang naman yan at pagod na sa kabubuhat ng buong makina sa loob ng WALONG TAON.
    ano magandang replacement brand para sa lancer glx 4g15 carb? napakamahal ng orig na mitsu motor mount e. i'll be spending around 12k just to replace all 4. yung jac na replacement e mga 7k. me feedback po ba tayo dito sa brand na to?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i own a mitsu lancer. i have already replaced by engine supports late last year.
    i think i only spent around 3.5k for all of them.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    i own a mitsu lancer. i have already replaced by engine supports late last year.
    i think i only spent around 3.5k for all of them.
    anong klaseng support to (brand)? san sya nabili? parang ang mura naman ata masyado

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    jac is pretty good. stick with that.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    anong klaseng support to (brand)? san sya nabili? parang ang mura naman ata masyado

jak yung brand.... replacements.
    i think OEMs costs three times as much.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    3x minimum in some cases. minsan more pa. hehe!

engine/tranny support question