New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ano po yung ride/engine?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    this pertains to my car, isuzu xto crosswind. i just bought this last may and had changed oil. a friend with same car told me, it only consumes 4 liters. however, when i checked it, its above the 'F' marker. is this normal. in my own estimate, maybe 3.5 L will do. is there something wrong with this?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yeah, I was told 4 liters, too... but it's too much.

The extra oil will just burn off eventually, but before it does, it'll cause a little bit of white/bluish smoke in the exhaust.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    is it true that having excess engine oil will cause breakage of oil seals in the engine? just curious. some say, oil level should be within 'F' or below. above the 'F' mark is not good for the engine. hope you enlighten me on this.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    afaik too much engine oil will restrict breathing as what I was told. This could ruin your engine. Maybe someone could shed something a bit more info when you add too much oil?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Just half a liter too much on a 3.5 liter oil pan will merely produce more smoke. Put in a huge amount of extra oil, and it'll cause oil frothing, high oil pressure (which may cause leaks) and extra drag and poor fuel economy and power.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Engine Oil