New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I asked my mechanic to replace the fuel filter of our L300 FB. I noticed that there's a sudden increase of engine noise. btw, the new fuel filter is bosch. i also add 2T on its diesel and i've been doing it for 6 mo. already.

what do you think is the problem? is there any problem with the fuel injection?

thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    did you change your oil brand and variant?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Was the air filter replaced also? A clean air filter on a diesel can make a noticeable noise difference.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    What was the viscosity index of the oil you used previously? And the new one now?

A lot of fake Castrol products in the market now, I hope you're not a victim.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by trucker111 View Post
    I asked my mechanic to replace the fuel filter of our L300 FB. I noticed that there's a sudden increase of engine noise. btw, the new fuel filter is bosch. i also add 2T on its diesel and i've been doing it for 6 mo. already.

what do you think is the problem? is there any problem with the fuel injection?

thanks
    if previously yan din gamit mo and walang noise, then its not fuel filter that could be causing it...
    pero if that's the first time for you to use the bosch brand then it could be the new fuel filter...

possible reason, fuel filter not authentic, fuel filter part number is not the right one,

if the fuel filter is authentic and is the right part number for the 4D56,then the fuel filter is good, the engine noise may be from something else that might have just coincide with the time you change it to bosch....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    was the fuel system bled after? baka hindi properly filled with diesel yung filter so pinasukan ng air yung fuel lines. this will not happen if your mechanic filled the filter to the brim. this trapped air can cause some of the injectors to miss prime causing uneven engine run. may "tik-tik-tik" na sound ba, especially if coming from only 1 or 2 cylinders? pump up the fuel pressure using the manual pump on top of the filter then bleed off each injector by loosening the high pressure fuel line nut until only fuel comes out.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    was the fuel system bled after? baka hindi properly filled with diesel yung filter so pinasukan ng air yung fuel lines. this will not happen if your mechanic filled the filter to the brim. this trapped air can cause some of the injectors to miss prime causing uneven engine run. may "tik-tik-tik" na sound ba, especially if coming from only 1 or 2 cylinders? pump up the fuel pressure using the manual pump on top of the filter then bleed off each injector by loosening the high pressure fuel line nut until only fuel comes out.

yes, this was done. filter was filled to overflow. then after install, bleed by pumping the top of the filter.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by miko101130 View Post
    if previously yan din gamit mo and walang noise, then its not fuel filter that could be causing it...
    pero if that's the first time for you to use the bosch brand then it could be the new fuel filter...

possible reason, fuel filter not authentic, fuel filter part number is not the right one,

if the fuel filter is authentic and is the right part number for the 4D56,then the fuel filter is good, the engine noise may be from something else that might have just coincide with the time you change it to bosch....
    it is indicated in its packaging that the fuel filter fits 4d56 engines. bought it from warren, bosch exclusive distributor in manila.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Its called fuel knock. Loosen (bleed) each high pressure line going to the noozle tip one by one while the engine is running to eliminate accumulated air...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    Its called fuel knock. Loosen (bleed) each high pressure line going to the noozle tip one by one while the engine is running to eliminate accumulated air...
    kung ok ang fuel filter... it could be trapped air,
    loosen the injectors until no air and only fuel is bleeding...
    i've experienced this and very specific and prominent yung sound that it makes...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Engine Noice After Replacing Fuel Filter