New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Better buy a new set of HT wires with a new distributor cap na lang. Mura lang naman bro.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I borrowed a known good set of HT wires from a friend and installed it in my engine, still no spark is generated.

I also tested yung terminal mismo ng ignition coil (the one in a tube leading to the distributor cap then to the rotor center, also no spark was present. So the the route from the spark plugs to the high tension wires to the distributor cap being defective is eliminated.

Paano ba i-check ang windings nang igintion coil (di kasi ako familiar sa terminals ng internal na ignition coil.) TIA

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    better have an auto electrician check your car.

this may also help http://www.clarks-garage.com/shop-manual/ign-04.htm

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Follow mo na lang bro suggestion ni sir userfriendly, mukhang mahirap butingtingin na kasi nag linya at ang ignition coil mismo.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by burnok View Post
    I have a 94 lancer glxi (4g92a engine) na bigla na lang di na umistart , ok naman po yung starter dahil it cranks the engine normally para umistart kaya lang di tumutuloy. I have inspected kung merong spark sa high tension wires leading to the spark plug and there was none., so a mechanic tried to replace the ignition coil thinking na yun ang sira pero it still would not start, so ibinalik na lang uli yung luma.

Another mechanic told me na baka ecu ang defective but the check engine lights goes on after turning on the key and goes off after 5 seconds (which is an indicator na ok ang ecu, correct me po if I'm wrong) , so medyo hessitant ako na bumili agad ng ecu dahil medyo mahal din.

Ano pa ba ang pwedeng pagmulan ng sira nito aside from the ecu and ignition coil? TIA

hey bro, did you guys check if theres any power going to the Distributor?? (.5 volt reference signal) also, did you check the Igniter??

anywayz, theres a possiblity that the Distributor assembly can be faulty (which is the same on some Ignition related problems on Honda's... which is traced back to the Distributor assembly).

aite, peace.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by KBR View Post
    hey bro, did you guys check if theres any power going to the Distributor?? (.5 volt reference signal) also, did you check the Igniter??

anywayz, theres a possiblity that the Distributor assembly can be faulty (which is the same on some Ignition related problems on Honda's... which is traced back to the Distributor assembly).

aite, peace.
    bro,you mean to say signal from ecu to distributor(.5v)?possible problem from ecu unit?loose connection,cold solder or defective electrolytic capacitor.thanks.....

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I have downloaded a manual for lancer and from there, I found a portion which deals on troubleshooting a so called power transistor using a 1.5 volt battery and an analog multimeter.

So tinest ko nga po ito by using the terminals on the distributor cap connector and from the instruction details sa manual, faulty raw ang power transistor ko.

My question is, Saan po ba located ang power transistor? Nasa loob po ba iyon ng iginition coil housing?

Gusto ko kasing ipatest sa Banawe yung part and bumili na rin kung sira nga po ito. TIA

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    OK na po yung kotse ko

yun palang terminal na tinest ko yun na pala ang mismong igniter.

sira nga yung igniter nung engine ko, so punta ako ng Banawe para bumili, I got a surplus for P1400.00. Pagkakabit ayun umandar na agad.

Good thing di pa ako nakakabili ng ecu, It really pays to be kuripot sometimes

Thanks po sa lahat ng nagshare ng ideas!!!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008

congrats bro. di naman pagiging kuripot yung ginawa mo. you're just being wise.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    OK na po yung kotse ko

yun palang terminal na tinest ko yun na pala ang mismong igniter.

sira nga yung igniter nung engine ko, so punta ako ng Banawe para bumili, I got a surplus for P1400.00. Pagkakabit ayun umandar na agad.

Thanks po sa lahat ng nagshare ng ideas!!!
    nice! tama nga yun hinala ko, yung Igniter ang talagang culprit diyan. its the same on Toyota's and Honda's. ang Igniter talaga ang madalas masira sa Ignition System.

glad to know that yer car is back on the road again!

aite, peace.
    Last edited by KBR; March 7th, 2008 at 02:34 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
engine igintion problems, need help!