New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    clavel 3699,
    thats what i do, i drain then i put 3 liters of the cheapest oil i can buy then run the engine for 5 mins then drain again, after that i pour in the 6 liters of fully synthetic oil.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    same here.

never used flushing chemicals.

drain old oil. put in regular motor oil. run for 10-15 mins. drain regular oil, replace oil filter. install new oil filter and put in Mobil 1 fully synthetic (for my gas fed vehicle) and Shell Helix Diesel (for my diesel fed vehicles)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by RafRaf
    Pero you'll need to flush when you switch from mineral to synthetic, right? That's what I gathered from other threads.

Yebo, kerosene ba ang pang-flush? 'Diba oil din (specifically made for flushing)?
    I didn't flush when I switch from mineral to semi-synth. I didn't encounter any problem.

Ngayon naman, I switch from semi-synth to mineral wala rin problema.

But I agree with the other's recommendation, if you really want to flush it, put in a cheaper oil, then run your engine, then flush and put in your desired type of oil.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    maybe it's worth to check this out...

http://www.chris-longhurst.com/carb...eoil_bible.html

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    cool, Rafraf. MMDAs with PHDs?

Back to the topic ... drop the pan, kayang DIY to? I just need to lift the front, right?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Kailanga ko na nga din tanggalin ang pan.

Madali lang ba to?

Ano DIY procedure guys? May leak na kasi sya...

Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    paano naman ang gagawin sa isang engine na kahit bagong change oil tapos gamitin mo lang ng 1 araw kapag tiningnan mo yung oil sa dipstick maitim nanaman parang hindi ka nag change oil?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by jeff
    paano naman ang gagawin sa isang engine na kahit bagong change oil tapos gamitin mo lang ng 1 araw kapag tiningnan mo yung oil sa dipstick maitim nanaman parang hindi ka nag change oil?
    kapag diesel ang ride mo, ganyan talaga ang oil, kahit bago, kapag pinaandar mo na ang engine ng ilan minutes, mangingitim na.
    Signature

I've read that if your moving from mineral to synthetic that you should use flushing oil... and it is not advisable to go back to mineral oil after you have used synthetic cuz synthetic is thicker and after the engine "gets used" to synthetic it would leak if you switched back to mineral.

I've read that if your moving from mineral to synthetic that you should use flushing oil... and it is not advisable to go back to mineral oil after you have used synthetic cuz synthetic is thicker and after the engine "gets used" to synthetic it would leak if you switched back to mineral.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Engine Flush ? ? ?