New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    I've been noticing this problem with my car lately. Whenever I start it, it feels like not enough fuel goes into the engine. The RPM indicator which is normally at 900-1000 on idle, goes up and then goes to around 500-600. May times din (very rare) na namamatay na lang.

If I leave it running for a few minutes or if I rev it up a few times to uhm "clear the pipes" nagiging ok na rin siya.

I've had the throttle body cleaned and the fuel filter replaced - this appeared to have fixed the problem for a month but then bumalik na uli. Before I had the fuel filter change, I noticed na parang nag-h-hesitate and "di kumakagat" when I accelerate.

I am suspecting that the fuel system (gas tank to engine) is dirty and is the culprit. Anybody else experience this?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if its an old car, it does sounds like a dirty fuel tank or fuel line. Nagkaroon nako ng ganyang experience, wherein the rust in my fuel tank clogged up my fuel line....so intermitent lost of power....2 months bago ko na trace ang source ng problem (it was only after I drained and clean my tank).

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    baka naman pump?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing
    if its an old car, it does sounds like a dirty fuel tank or fuel line. Nagkaroon nako ng ganyang experience, wherein the rust in my fuel tank clogged up my fuel line....so intermitent lost of power....2 months bago ko na trace ang source ng problem (it was only after I drained and clean my tank).

how to drain and clea all those fuel lines and tank?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    di ko magets ano kinalaman ng maduming fuel tank... eh diba kaya nga may fuel filter? so kung may significant loss of power dahil sa dirty fuel, diba dapat ang papalitan ay ang fuel filter? ito lang naman ang pwede daanan ng fuel papuntang fuel system diba? mga guru, pa-explain naman... di ko talaga magets para saan pa palinis ng fuel tank.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    my idea is..
    if fuel is clean, fuel filter would not have a hard time cleaning the fuel going to the engine,

if the fuel is not clean, it would take longer to filter the fuel going to the engine. now kung marami na dumi filter mo . possible mag bara and lalo na mas mahirap pumunta sa engine ang clean fuel

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    experiencing that on my fuego. Duda ko dirty fuel filter due to dirty fuel. Ang di ko rin magets kung bakit sa start up lang at kung na rev mo na ang makina, eventually, balik sa normal idling siya. Supposedly, kung barado na ang filter, then restricted na ang flow, kaya cold engine or running engine, dapat palyado pa rin. Unless mali ang pagkaintindi ko sa filter, once the filter is full of dirt, di na siya nakakafilter, kaya lusot na lang ang dirty fuel and it goes to the engine chamber?

Jett, ano yan, gas or diesel ride? If diesel, are you using BD?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    sir buknoy, eh kung ganun ang case, eh di dapat ang pinapalitan is fuel filter? pero you have a point. pero siguro the only time na talaga needed ang cleaning ng fuel tank is kapag lagi na lang barado ang fuel filter...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by altec
    Jett, ano yan, gas or diesel ride? If diesel, are you using BD?
    Gas ride to.

Feeling ko rin nga dirty fuel from the tank talaga kasi nung pinalitan yung filter naging ok siya for about a month.

Agree ako kay buknoy, feeling ko kung papalitan ko uli ang filter ok na naman to uli for a while until all the dirt clogs up the filter again. So malamang yung solution talaga is linisin ng ang tank.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    it's not only dirt you have to worry about in the tank. it's contaminated fuel. we cleaned a tank once and you'd be surprised that about 20% of the content was water. hehe!

we put the gas into a container and you could visibly see 2 different fluids. that sucks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dirty Fuel System?