New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    I remember posting a similar topic like this back in 2017. Guess its only gaining traction since most chinese manufacturers are releasing gdi turbo these days.

By the way, the daily driven Ford Focus Ecoboost with turbo GDI is still going strong at more than 5 years.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Ah okay, kasi ang mineral oil or semi synthetic mas prone sa carbon deposits at less protection sa carbon kung sa GDI?
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    Use the engine oil spec required for your car's engine. Eto kasi ang fully tested ng manufacturer sa car engine nila.

For example sa Mazda Skyactiv direct inject gas fuel engine, required talaga na ACEA A3/A5 Euro blend or API SN / ACEA C3. Using other oil spec may lead to some side effects, e.g. oil gunk deposit build up due to incorrect viscosity.
    As what good sir jojo said...not just about mineral or synthetic....more the right type of synthetic.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Effective ba ito to clean the valves? *travjante or any alternative product I can use?

https://www.crcindustries.com/produc...-11-wt-oz.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shadow; July 13th, 2022 at 09:17 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Effective ba ito to clean the valves? *travjante or any alternative product I can use?

https://www.crcindustries.com/produc...-11-wt-oz.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have that, not a fan. Sadly build-up is inevitable for GDIs. We can only try to push it back via the care mentioned above. Good gas, proper FS oil, religious/short OCI, injector/deposit cleaners & fewer short trips will surely help. Walnut is still the only efficient & systematic way to thoroughly rid of build-up, sir.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    I have that, not a fan. Sadly build-up is inevitable for GDIs. We can only try to push it back via the care mentioned above. Good gas, proper FS oil, religious/short OCI, injector/deposit cleaners & fewer short trips will surely help. Walnut is still the only efficient & systematic way to thoroughly rid of build-up, sir.

That video from Felix Dan that I shared ussd chemicals to get rid those carbon deposit from the intake valves. Seems effective and easier to do I think.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Walnut blasting how-to and result

https://youtu.be/fgvNu_HVD_g

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123