New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 235 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My ride is a diesel pajero 4D56 TCI, the device/magnet that closes and opens diesel fuel line to flow into the fuel injection seems to be not working. What i do is tap a wire attached to the positive terminal of the batt to the screw itself (removing the rubber insulation) to get it to open.
    Question is, how do i know if its the device thats faulty or there's a problem in my ingnition system?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by frt View Post
    My ride is a diesel pajero 4D56 TCI, the device/magnet that closes and opens diesel fuel line to flow into the fuel injection seems to be not working. What i do is tap a wire attached to the positive terminal of the batt to the screw itself (removing the rubber insulation) to get it to open.
    Question is, how do i know if its the device thats faulty or there's a problem in my ingnition system?
    If your Pajero starts with the jumper wire attached, it just confirms that the magnet valve is OK, and that no voltage is applied to the valve through the ignition switch. You may have to check your ignition system.

Magnet valve test: Temporarily disconnect wire from the magnet valve. Do a resistance check between magnet valve terminal and ground (pump housing). You should get a resistance reading of 8 ohms +/- 1.1 ohm.

Ignition system test: Measure voltage at the magnet valve terminal and ground (pump housing) You should get the following readings:
    Ignition switch off: 0 V
    Ignition on: Battery voltage (approx. 12.5 V)
    Ignition at start position, engine cranking: approx. 10 V
    Ignition on, engine running: Battery voltage (approx. 12.5 V)

Happy hunting,

Dieseldude

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    sir dieseldude, i have several questions?
    1. do you have a calibration shop or can you recommend one?
    2. i have a 97 fuego ls. its idling is erratic. it starts with one click still but after a while of driving or when i get stuck in traffic, the idling goes down and shaky. furthermore, if the accelerator cable stopper is set too high, the idling sticks and would not go down even if you take your foot of the gas pedal?
    i think there's something wrong with the injection pump and would like some initial info on what might be causing it.
    thanks

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i have a question too...

on light and moderate throttle, i can accelerate just fine, a bit slow lang nga coz light throttle lang, and i get a positive reading sa boost gauge.

when i floor it to overtake (matic kasi, 4m40) or when the tranny decides to downshift, without changing how i step on the accelerator, i immediately get a lot of black smoke, almost no pull from the engine, and either zero or negative on the boost gauge.

now i read in one of the posts back that it might be a blocked air filter. i also asked the guys at central diesel, and aside from the air filter, they said it could also be the fuel filter.

i did notice that a looking while back up to the present, i was consistently getting less boost, from around 14psi to about 5psi max lately. could those filters be the problem, or is the wastegate also having a problem? thanks!
    Last edited by nugundam93; February 27th, 2007 at 06:12 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    may possibility na may singaw yung mga hoses from turbo going to IC to engine.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by truckster View Post
    sir dieseldude, i have several questions?
    1. do you have a calibration shop or can you recommend one?
    2. i have a 97 fuego ls. its idling is erratic. it starts with one click still but after a while of driving or when i get stuck in traffic, the idling goes down and shaky. furthermore, if the accelerator cable stopper is set too high, the idling sticks and would not go down even if you take your foot of the gas pedal?
    i think there's something wrong with the injection pump and would like some initial info on what might be causing it.
    thanks
    1. We are a diesel injection service shop.
    2. Yes, it seems to be an injection pump problem. Your pump may have to be checkes as it is been in service for 10 years now.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93 View Post
    i have a question too...

on light and moderate throttle, i can accelerate just fine, a bit slow lang nga coz light throttle lang, and i get a positive reading sa boost gauge.

when i floor it to overtake (matic kasi, 4m40) or when the tranny decides to downshift, without changing how i step on the accelerator, i immediately get a lot of black smoke, almost no pull from the engine, and either zero or negative on the boost gauge.

now i read in one of the posts back that it might be a blocked air filter. i also asked the guys at central diesel, and aside from the air filter, they said it could also be the fuel filter.

i did notice that a looking while back up to the present, i was consistently getting less boost, from around 14psi to about 5psi max lately. could those filters be the problem, or is the wastegate also having a problem? thanks!
    1. Try replacing your air filter element with an original Mitsubishi air filter.
    2. Intercooler may be blocked with oil from your blow-by hose.
    3. Your air intake hose betwwen the intercooler and engine could be collapsing. YOur engine pulls in more air as you rev it up. A blocked intercooler would cause your intake hose to collpase.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    thanks sir!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    1. We are a diesel injection service shop.
    2. Yes, it seems to be an injection pump problem. Your pump may have to be checkes as it is been in service for 10 years now.
    thanks for the response sir
    it begs the question sir
    what is the name of your shop and where is it located?
    im sure i could look around the forum to hunt for info on your shop, but i thought i'd ask anyway.
    it would be greatly appreciated if you could respond
    thanks more power
    btw sir, a shop told me it might be the governor of the injection pump, might he be correct sir?
    thanks again

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Diseldude,

Sir, i drive a 1997 starex with a non turbo engine. It logged more than a 100k kms already. Regularly change oil, oil filter, fuel filter and air cleaner. So far engine is still ok runs smooth and still no substantial smoke.
    Sa akin kasi as long as walang problem with the injection pump, do'nt touch it. Is this right? Also my mechanic whenever he change the fuel filter he also bleeds the fuel lines going to the cylender, yung apat apart from the fuel filter. Is this better?

Thanks and more power

Page 6 of 235 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk