New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Hi C190,

How much do u think it will cost me to repair my smoke belching engine sa Diesel KIKI? Di ko pa napa-calibrate yung strada ko since I bought it in yr. 2000.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by optimusprime7 View Post
    Hi C190,

How much do u think it will cost me to repair my smoke belching engine sa Diesel KIKI? Di ko pa napa-calibrate yung strada ko since I bought it in yr. 2000.

if i remember it right around 5k for my strada 6 yrs ago...
    depende sa parts to be replace ang costs..
    pero very professional ang service compare to others i tried

before meron akong dinala sa kanila for estimate-after some check up-they refuse to calibrate di daw kelangan...
    kung sa iba yun malamang baklas na injection pump ko

shop is near Ford Edsa (Fema Rd.)
    Bosch Calibration yata yung signage
    8-5pm mon-sat

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I see, thanks C190. Itry ko pa-repair don.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hello dieseldude,

well ung prob kasi ng 123 ko is may noise coming from the engine na wasnt really there before. sabi ng friend ko na may 123 din it may be fuel knock kasi kaka overhaul lang kasi nung march ng 123 ko and sabi nya it may need calibration na para mawala ung noise. what do u think dieseldude? thanks..will be waiting for ur reply.

First thing to do is the check injection pump to engine timing, most especially of knock comes from all cylinders.

Faulty nozzle/s can also cause fuel knock. Loosen one high pressure line at a time. If Knock stops on a specific cylinder, then you may have a possible faulty injector. Interchange injectors between a good cylinder and a knocking cyinder. If knock transfers, problem is on that specific injector.

Sometimes, fuel knock comes from unequal comrpession pressures between cylinders on newly ovehauled engines. But since your engine is now almost 1 year since overhaul, we can assume that cylinder compression is normal if overhaul and break-in were properly done.

Knock can also be due to unequal timing and fuel output from each pumping element of the injection pump.

Try the first two tests first: timing and injector analysis before proceeding to the more expensive tests.

I suggest that we transfer to our Diesel Fuel Injection Helpdesk at the worshop forum.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    just had the engine of our Pregio van changed due to a crack on the block of the old engine. Kaya lang with the new engine, may mga vibrations. I was told to have it calibrated. Any thoughts on this and how much ang kakailanganin?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Diesel Engine Calibration