New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    sir, OT lang. pero tanong lang po... may nabasa po kase ako ditong post sa isang thread na hindi daw po advisable na maglagay ng additive. mejo confused lang po kase ako, o may mga ibang additive brands po ba na hindi magandang gamitin?? sumubok din ako ng diesel additive nung dati pa, binili ko pa ata un sa ace hardware. gumanda naman ang hatak ng makina ko, tapos walang kausok-usok ang kotse. pero nabasa ko sa isang post na hindi daw magandang gumamit ng additive. hahanapin ko po ung post na un mga sir. pagpapatuloy ko pa rin ba ung paggamit ng additive?? as in wala po ba syang maaapektuhan sa makina??

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ferdief2020 View Post
    continuous use of F2020 Fuel Saver will help your old engine runs smoother and longer your mileage and in addition it will lower your opacity emission. big industrial and shipping companies are using our product sir. F2020 Fuel Saver is organic, 80% palm oil yung 20% organic din pero i can't disclose what it is.
    fuel additives is a waste of money. It is just like burning your money.

a good condition engine will run smooth and have "good" emissions.

if the engine is running rough and/or emitting 'bad" emissions, using a fuel additive will just cover up the problem, not solve it.

Not fixing the problem when it's small will just make it bigger and probably more expensive to fix later.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear Sirs:

There is no denying that the use and benefits of diesel fuel additives are among the most controversial automotive topics today.

That said, some people's blanket statements about them - unsupported by trials and facts are not helpful and are definitely prejudiced.

After making and using my own diesel fuel additive for the past decade (since the year 2000), I for one believe that there are products out there worth investigating.

There are also some worthless and downright bad products for sale.

It is up to the user/vehicle owner to try and judge for himself - buyer beware.

I invite all skeptics and naysayers to try out a few products that I make or recommend.

I myself have not tried F2020 but I am willing to test it.

Many famous technology companies i.e. Robert Bosch, Caterpillar, Nippon-Denso, are attempting sophisticated mechanical and electronic solutions to the problem of the diesel engine.

Their best results to date have been achieved with the so-called Common-Rail, Direct-Injection system.

Progress has been tremendous as can be seen in the performance of the modern diesel engines on the late model cars today.

Nonetheless even these technological marvels have not been without their problems.

Look at the number of complaints posted over Toyota's D4D diesels (injection by Nippon-Denso).

These are in addition to the problems of Toyota vehicles in general as seen by their recalls.

Did you notice how quiet Toyota Philippines has been over these problems?
    Where are our Philippine recalls of defective Toyota products?

In fact more than a few Toyota agents have posted here anonymously in a boldface attempt to defend their company's products and blame the customer for his problems.

Toyota is not the only defective manufacturer out there - as the numerous recall posts prove.

So many times the problems you experience are BUILT IN DEFECTS by the manufacturer and NOT YOUR FAULT.

Here's a chance to put your money where your mouth is:

I challenge the skeptics out there to try out my diesel additive on older model (pre-2000) diesel engines.

If there is no significant improvement, I will give you your money back - how about that?

PM me if you're interested trying this out.

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

Note - that's my REAL NAME - I don't make anonymous posts.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Good day to all. I really don't advice diesel additives or any form of additives. Using it is like, you are trying to lie or cheat your engine. I'm not so sure how to explain it, but its like telling your engine you are using this kind of fuel, but it's not. I am not sure if this helps. I agree with the post above that changing oil is one way of keeping your engine running smooth, since it is just so dusty here in the Philippines.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by onmicha View Post
    Good day to all. I really don't advice diesel additives or any form of additives. Using it is like, you are trying to lie or cheat your engine. I'm not so sure how to explain it, but its like telling your engine you are using this kind of fuel, but it's not. I am not sure if this helps. I agree with the post above that changing oil is one way of keeping your engine running smooth, since it is just so dusty here in the Philippines.
    Dear Sir:

How do you cheat an engine?

Basically if you don't maintain your engine, unlike people, it does NOT tolerate abuse.

It will repay you with poor performance, bad fuel economy, a distinct lack of reliability and a short service life.

That is the beauty of industrialization - wala na yung pag-aapi or pandaraya - because if you try to do so the engine just fails to work right!

That is why it is much more satisfactory to work with machines than lawyers or politicians.

The standards for diesel fuel are published by several international standards bodies.

To wit, the general standards are:

American Standard - diesel fuel is covered by specification ASTM D975

European Standard - diesel fuel is covered by specification EN 590

Note - diesel fuel is NOT A SINGLE petro-chemical.

It is a BLEND (pinag-halo halo) of HUNDREDS of petroleum distillates.

The exact composition varies even from the SAME company and the SAME refinery - depending upon the availability and cost of the components.

One of the skills of the refiner is to try to make a similar product each time from various differing components.

Sa madaling salita, pa-bago-bago ang timpla ng DIESEL depende sa materialyes na na-bili ng gumagawa, kahit galing pa siya sa parehong companya o pabrika.

Please study harder on the topic BEFORE you make your opinion.

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I've been using bio-diesels for some time now. 2 times that i have my injectors cleaned and it is very surprising that the carbon buildup is very minimal than the time when i was still not using bio-diesels.

do a research about bio-diesels and you will learn a lot.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ramledi View Post
    I've been using bio-diesels for some time now. 2 times that i have my injectors cleaned and it is very surprising that the carbon buildup is very minimal than the time when i was still not using bio-diesels.

paps, san ka nagpapakarga ng biodiesel?? naghahanap ako biodiesel dito sa min, pero wala akong mahanap. imus ang area ko

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ramledi View Post

Sir:

Please refer to my post #19 regarding biodiesels.

I have tried using Flying V biodiesel, City Oil green diesel and SeaOil Biodiesel.

In both cases, I can definitely say that compared to my usual choices, namely: Shell, Petron and Total (in that order of preference), those biodiesels,

1) definitely smoke the same or more
    2) have less power/performance
    3) give poorer fuel economy

All in all my experience with their use is definitely Negative.

Sincerely,

Dusky Lim

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by irmaverick View Post
    paps, san ka nagpapakarga ng biodiesel?? naghahanap ako biodiesel dito sa min, pero wala akong mahanap. imus ang area ko
    dati sa flying-v molino ako nagpapakarga tapos add ako ng 1 liter na envirotek bio-diesel(php152/liter-bottle) kaso nagsawa ako sa kakadayo. kaya sa daang hari na ako nagpapakarga(shell or petron), mas convenient kasi. tapos nag-stock ako ng 1 box ng biodiesel(bio-activ or envirotek). every full tank ko 1 bottle ang nilalagay ko.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by duskylim View Post
    Sir:

Please refer to my post #19 regarding biodiesels.

I have tried using Flying V biodiesel, City Oil green diesel and SeaOil Biodiesel.

In both cases, I can definitely say that compared to my usual choices, namely: Shell, Petron and Total (in that order of preference), those biodiesels,

1) definitely smoke the same or more
    2) have less power/performance
    3) give poorer fuel economy

All in all my experience with their use is definitely Negative.

Sincerely,

Dusky Lim
    for me i got a positive result(less smoke, more power) filling up at flying-v. maybe because i have an older engine(4ja1). but sometimes i must say that performance is not always the same. maybe because they get their supply from another supplier.

but now i fill up at shell or petron for its convenience. going to flying-v station would take me 4kms to go there plus the traffic. a bit of a hassle.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Diesel Additive/Injection Cleaner???