New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Mga Gurus,

Tama po ba kasi last week when I am driving in NLEX my temp gauge suddenly increase then when I open the rad cap it was steaming-So I filled water continuosly until mapuno uli.Naiuwi ko pa naman.
    Actions taken:
    *Overhaul Radiator
    but when I start during cold engine I open the rad. cap and rev the engine ang tubig ay bumulwak sa radiator. Tama mo dapat palitan ang cylinder head gasket? At ano pa ang dapat kong ihanda for possible repair.
    *Meron po ba kyo alam na ok na mekaniko within Malolos Bulacan Area na maasahan. Salamat po sa inyong mga inputs

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    If you notice white smoke coming from your exhaust pipe, gas smelling water in the reservoir, losing oil upon dipstick chec,king then maybe your head gasket is already torn. Kung magpapareplace ka ng head gasket you will need the following: cylinder head gasket, valve seals, exhaust manifold gasket, intake manifold gasket, camshat oil seal, O-ring for distributor, kung me pera ka pa sama mo na lang pati timing belt at tensioner.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    suggest have the cylinder head bolts re-torque and adjust clearance of all intake/exhaust valves. Baka kasi hindi lang pantay ang lapat ng cylinder head. Mas magaan sa bulsa ito keysa derecho cylinder head pull out, after this kung mag-overheat pa ulit then it's time to go ahead with top overhaul work if your budget will allow.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    ok thanks for the reply baka nga kailangan lng ng higpit.
    Wala naman po white smoke and langis sa radiator.
    salamat sa reply. \\\\any more suggestion are welcome...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JRMM View Post
    ok thanks for the reply baka nga kailangan lng ng higpit.
    Wala naman po white smoke and langis sa radiator.
    salamat sa reply. \\any more suggestion are welcome...
    everybody, good guesswork sherlocks, hehehehe
    do not open the radiator when the engine is hot. it clearly says on the cap itself. do not add cool water to an overheated engine or when you just opened the radiator attempting to lose your eyebrows and eyelashes. do not assume that after all the months you have been driving the car that all of a sudden the cylinder head bolts voluntarily loosened themselves. or they have a brain of their own. remember; MACHINES DO NOT HAVE BRAINS, USE YOUR OWN. if the tailpipe does not emit steam as you run the engine, chances are: the coolant is not getting to the combustion chambers. if the radiator cap is removed and you rev the engine up and the thermostat is open, of course the coolant will burp out of the radiator filler neck. again, machines don't have brains, you do

Cylinder  Head Gasket Replacement???