New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Hi masters,

As what I have read before , CMIIW , CRDI engines is sensitive to water or air in the fuel , kaya nga me water filter at sensor sa fuel linedi ba? For air di ba dapat Hindi puede matuyuan as in running the engine empty at masisira engine tama po ba?

Q ko Lang ;

How to replace the fuel filter ,kasi initially di ba bago pa yun filter after replacing it so me air talaga na papasok muna sa engine before umakyat yung diesel sa injectors.

Kasi before on my gas fed car kasi pag nag plait ako fuel filter , antagl bago pumas ok yun gasoline sa EFI ko ,kailangan pa I pump ko pedal then tsaka sya aandar.

Hope Medyo malinaw yun story ko hehehehe

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by threx666 View Post
    Hi masters,

As what I have read before , CMIIW , CRDI engines is sensitive to water or air in the fuel , kaya nga me water filter at sensor sa fuel linedi ba? For air di ba dapat Hindi puede matuyuan as in running the engine empty at masisira engine tama po ba?

Q ko Lang ;

How to replace the fuel filter ,kasi initially di ba bago pa yun filter after replacing it so me air talaga na papasok muna sa engine before umakyat yung diesel sa injectors.

Kasi before on my gas fed car kasi pag nag plait ako fuel filter , antagl bago pumas ok yun gasoline sa EFI ko ,kailangan pa I pump ko pedal then tsaka sya aandar.

Hope Medyo malinaw yun story ko hehehehe
    may priming pump yung fuel filter housing.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    alam ko mga crdi engine wala na priming pump.. after replace of fuel filter you just need to put the ignition key to ON position to activate the fuel pump inside the tank, the pump will activate for a few seconds and will turn off automatically.. repeat the procedure to bleed the system

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Ano ang time interval niyo or odometer reading before you have your fuel filter element or fuel filter replaced?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    I changed mine at 40k and 85k. I'm not sure kung mas longer interval sa manual. Nung 80k drained lang the water and mukhang madumi na rin filter. There was a time nag on ang malfunction indicator light and we believed it was from the filter. Pinalitan ko na lang filter sa 85k and everything went well. Diesel in the Philippines is still not refined. Changing the filters earlier is the better choice.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by raquino View Post
    I changed mine at 40k and 85k. I'm not sure kung mas longer interval sa manual. Nung 80k drained lang the water and mukhang madumi na rin filter. There was a time nag on ang malfunction indicator light and we believed it was from the filter. Pinalitan ko na lang filter sa 85k and everything went well. Diesel in the Philippines is still not refined. Changing the filters earlier is the better choice.

Sir, may i know which crdi powered vehicle you are using? I have read in other thread that as low as 7,500K odo reading the fuel filter element is maitim na.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Sir IIRC the manual states replacement po ng fuel filter is 20k km po yata , I maybe wrong though hehehehe kaya nga I try to search on a way to DIY the fuel filter replacement .

So dapat ba after palitan yun filter just switch ON first so diesel can be pump primed in the new filter , do this a few times to bleed ? Am I right po ba?

Thanx peeps

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Kung maselan ka talaga sa sasakyan mo Sir Retz, replace all the filters every 5k kms, this is what I do with all our vehicles lahat kasi CRDI - Grand Starex, BK, Strada. Every 5k kms I change the 3 filters, AIR, OIL, and FUEL. Medyo magastos lang pero you'll benefit more from your rides if you take good care of them in return meron naman magagandang filters dyan na di sing mahal ng OEM part pero same lang effectiveness. Ang fuel filter kasi dito sa atin masyadong important ang role knowing our diesel fuels are really dirty and not to mention mostly are contaminated with water.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Sir, may i know which crdi powered vehicle you are using? I have read in other thread that as low as 7,500K odo reading the fuel filter element is maitim na.
    Chevrolet Captiva vcdi 2008 model. Priming after installing new filter is easy. Turn key to on for 5- 10 seconds then off for 5 seconds, done 3x by my mechanic then start motor.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by lexwen View Post
    Kung maselan ka talaga sa sasakyan mo Sir Retz, replace all the filters every 5k kms, this is what I do with all our vehicles lahat kasi CRDI - Grand Starex, BK, Strada. Every 5k kms I change the 3 filters, AIR, OIL, and FUEL. Medyo magastos lang pero you'll benefit more from your rides if you take good care of them in return meron naman magagandang filters dyan na di sing mahal ng OEM part pero same lang effectiveness. Ang fuel filter kasi dito sa atin masyadong important ang role knowing our diesel fuels are really dirty and not to mention mostly are contaminated with water.

safe na safe ka na nyan kung very 5K. pwede ko gawin yan sa oil and fuel but sa air, I could easily see it naman kung kailangan ng palitan o hindi unlike oil and fuel na kelangan baklasin pa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
CRDI engines fuel filter Replacement