New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    whats the best way to clean your airfilter? thanks po

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    If it is reusable like those K&N or AEM filter's you'll need a Recharger Filter Care Service Kit. If your filter are just the regular one, throw that away and get a new one.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    If it is reusable like those K&N or AEM filter's you'll need a Recharger Filter Care Service Kit. If your filter are just the regular one, throw that away and get a new one.
    To add

pwede rin pa spray mo ng malakas na hangin on the clean side of the filter if it is an oem filter.

tipid konti but masisira ng konti yung filter.

uso naman yan dito

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    First off, check what your manual says. If it says change, then change, if it says you can still clean it and use for x amount of kilometers, you can follow the instructions and the filter will still work.

In the event that you can clean the filter, you have to use some pressurized air from a compressor and clean it from the inside, out. Do not use the air to blow from outside, in as this will push the dirt further into the filter and damage the element which gives your engine a greater chance of breathing in bad air.

Hope this helps.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    i use vacuum cleaner to suck dirt from the outside then flush with air from the inside..just be careful not to damage filter element(fiber strands from the inside) or it will add up to dirt going to internals like maf sensor

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ah thanks po yun filter ko po simota na cone type. so use air lang po to clean? how about liquid solutions? maka damage po b yun?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by redx View Post
    ah thanks po yun filter ko po simota na cone type. so use air lang po to clean? how about liquid solutions? maka damage po b yun?
    depende, if K&N filter yan like mine na cotton ang materials used is pwede sa liquid solution yan. sa K&N brand its called a K&N recharger kit.

meron din simota but IMO most simota air filter are made up of paper parin. konti lang nakikita ko na parang cotton like materials, if cotton man sobrang laki ng butas na para bang wala ng filtration.

my 2 cents ...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    depende, if K&N filter yan like mine na cotton ang materials used is pwede sa liquid solution yan. sa K&N brand its called a K&N recharger kit.

meron din simota but IMO most simota air filter are made up of paper parin. konti lang nakikita ko na parang cotton like materials, if cotton man sobrang laki ng butas na para bang wala ng filtration.

my 2 cents ...
    same question din po sa kin kasi one time ginamitan ko ng konting abilidad sa kusina but i dunno if did was right kasi binabad ko ng konti sa joy paglilininis after that tinira ko ng blowgun (air comp) tapos binlower ko para madali matuyo sabay salpak ulit. btw, simota din yung filter ko cone type efi fuel system ang engine ko, dapat ko pa po ba itong ulitin or am i just doing some cruel thing to my car?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    if aftermarket na air filter like simota, dishwashing liquid lang panlinis dun...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    simota din yun gamit ko eh. pero di ba makaksira yun dishwashing liquid sa filter nang simota? sabi nila hanginan lang daw wag basain eh

cleaning air filter