New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nag pa tune ako yesterday. According to the mechanic, hindi daw possible na i adjust yung idling ng 99 VTi ko. Computer box daw bahala dun. What to do? Bumababa kasi idling ko when the aircon kicks in

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    check your idle up actuator.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    where is the idle up actuator located?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I also had the same problem with my VTi automatic. The idling goes down when aircon is on. We had it adjusted by some mechanic but only to make things worse. So we had no choice but to bring it to Honda. There was just a simple problem with the timing and the car was returned to us in normal condition within a day.

I think you should bring it to Honda to be sure. :wink:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Your air intake tube goes to a metal part, at the back of the engine, now look at it from the passenger side, you will see a copper screw (minus type), you'll actually see only the top part, use a flat screw driver to turn it, one way brings your idle down the other is up
    hope this helps, I'll post a pic if I can find 1

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    with regards to the timing. Do they use a timing gun for this? And diba air-fuel mixture adjustments lang ang silbi nito?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Yup air fuel mixture nga, and will bring your idling up/down

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    hmm.. ano pa ba mga signs na binbigay nung auto? aside sa pag drop nung idling?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this one also, and when I shift to neutral, bumabagsak sa mga 500rpm tapos tataas ulit sa 750rpm, pero mabilis lang. Aircon turned on

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mojako
    this one also, and when I shift to neutral, bumabagsak sa mga 500rpm tapos tataas ulit sa 750rpm, pero mabilis lang. Aircon turned on
    high probability ang vaccumm leak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Civic VTi Idling question