New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hi, i was wondering if someone would be able to help me..

i just had my 5,000km checkup/change oil (first change oil) (chery does no do oil change by 1,000km) yesterday...

based on what i know, i was under the impression na kapag 1st oil change, eh may mga kailangang i adjust sa engine, like ung mga pistons na kailangang higpitan, due to the break in period which is finally over..

i was surprised because they did not adjust anything on the engine.. sabi sa akin ng lead mechanic sa casa, hindi na daw kailangan mag adjust ng mga valves sa engine, dahil ok na daw un, talagang change oil lang ang dapat gawin..

sabi din nila kahit daw ung vios, di na daw dapat mag adjust sa engine .. honda cars lang daw and inaadjust..

totoo ba un? as in change oil lang ang ginawa sa car ko? hinigpitan lang nila ung mga bolts sa under chassis, and that was it...?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^actually it depends on the car. could be true.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    had my Sentra undergo 5K PMS last Saturday sa Nissan Gallery - Libis
    they used Consult on my engine, and when all checked clean, no adjustments were made as well.

My friend had his Lancer undergo 5K PMS last month, la ren inadjust ang Diamond Motors..

More likely, same ren for your Chery.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    sa mga brand new cars namin oil change lang din and some filters ....

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Huh? Ngayon ko lang narinig na tuwing 5k PMS eh may ina-adjust sa makina. And you don't tighten pistons, hindi naman kasi sila parang bolt na pwedeng higpitan. And for the mechanic to do that, kailangan pa niyang buksan ang makina.

Pag kailangang buksan ang makina tuwing ika-1st oil change, that must be one lousy engine.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Huh? Ngayon ko lang narinig na tuwing 5k PMS eh may ina-adjust sa makina. And you don't tighten pistons, hindi naman kasi sila parang bolt na pwedeng higpitan. And for the mechanic to do that, kailangan pa niyang buksan ang makina.

Pag kailangang buksan ang makina tuwing ika-1st oil change, that must be one lousy engine.
    Maybe the TS was referring to valve clearance adjustments na dati talaga kasama sa 1k pms routine. ewan ko lang ngaun

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The items to check, including the interval are usually written on the owner's manual. Adjustments are usually made because metal (as well as other materials) will sometimes settle into a slightly different shape as they are pressed, bent, moved, abraded or heated up. It's perfectly normal and usually, all that's needed are the tightening of bolts here and there.

This is done during the first 1k-5k (depending on the manufacturer) as these parts take on a more permanent shape and there's usually no need to repeat this procedure whenever you have PMS done on your car, unless there's reason to (ie. rattles, etc.)

The mechanic which the OP was talking to mentioned that only Honda cars needs to be adjusted. That's not true. Physics applies to everyone. Hyundai did the same thing to our Getz and Starex when they were new.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    on my crv & starex, both after 1K km just changed oil & filter sa casa.
    only now i heard it's already after 5K km na ang 1st change oil. ganun
    na ba talaga ang effect ng cost sutting ng mga dealers?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    I guess it's different on every car. On the Honda Civic 1.8S A/T, the first oil change is scheduled at 10,000 km or 6 months (whichever comes first). I had it changed at 6 months (approx. 6,000 km odo reading).

My next oil change is 20,000 km or 1 year (whichever comes first). This is happening in a few weeks since my car's already one year old. (odo reads approx. 12,000 km)

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    Actually, kung may 1k PMS, advantage yun sa mga dealers, kasi subsidized ng car manufacturer yung cost, in cases wherein free ang PMS up to 20k kms.

Alam ko, yun ang kalakaran sa Nissan casas, which a service advisor told me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Chery QQ 1.1MT.. 5,000km Change oil..