New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I guess it's different on every car. On the Honda Civic 1.8S A/T, the first oil change is scheduled at 10,000 km or 6 months (whichever comes first). I had it changed at 6 months (approx. 6,000 km odo reading).

My next oil change is 20,000 km or 1 year (whichever comes first). This is happening in a few weeks since my car's already one year old. (odo reads approx. 12,000 km)
    i guess ur refering to the PMS already on the 10K then 20K and so on. Actually, the 1K i mentioned is meant for the after break-in change oil. after that, it goes to the PMS cycle na of every 10K km & 5K km respectively.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    i guess ur refering to the PMS already on the 10K then 20K and so on. Actually, the 1K i mentioned is meant for the after break-in change oil. after that, it goes to the PMS cycle na of every 10K km & 5K km respectively.
    Yes, the first PMS for my car is 1,000km or 1 month old (break-in). They just checked the condition and levels of all fluids and torqued the underchassis/suspension bolts, among other things. The first oil change was done at 10,000 km or 6 months.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thanx a lot sa mga nagreply.. at least im convinced na there's nothing wrong sa 1st oil change ko

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    That's why newer engines are called VVT-i, CVT, VTi etc..etc, they have variable valve that is self adjusting already coupled with Intelligent ECU . Ignition system are also electronics that does not need adjustment.

In newer Toyota's, there's a metal plate inside the hood that says "No adjustment needed".

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    [quote=Mile2;1201076]That's why newer engines are called VVT-i, CVT, VTi etc..etc, [quote]

i agree.

sir, just a minor correction, i think cvt refers to the transmission. if what you meant is the variable valve timing of mitsubishi, then it's mivec (Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing Electronic Control system)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Chery QQ 1.1MT.. 5,000km Change oil..