New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hi,

4g15 sohc carb user here. i am averaging 9 km/l with my car. my brother in laws car is the same model with the same engine. pareho kami stock, as in lahat pareho. ang konsumo ng kanya e 12 km/l. same route, same traffic, same driver (which is me).

i have already tuned up, changed oil, changed spark plugs, even cleaned the carb with carb cleaner.

what else could be the problem?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    only things i can think of next are the air filter and tyre pressures.

not much you can do to improve FC after giving the engine a full tune up and getting the tyres checked. other niggly things to check can include: oil viscosity, carb condition... even the how the car was treated or driven past few years. even spoilers. roof racks, window rain guards or heavy body kits play a major role. maybe your car is heavier somehow? tyre types too... some tyres are more fuel efficient than others daw.

9 isn't that bad you know. i bet you get 12 at consistent RPMs in highway, so not that big a deal.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    only things i can think of next are the air filter and tyre pressures.

not much you can do to improve FC after giving the engine a full tune up and getting the tyres checked. other niggly things to check can include: oil viscosity, carb condition... even the how the car was treated or driven past few years. even spoilers. roof racks, window rain guards or heavy body kits play a major role. maybe your car is heavier somehow? tyre types too... some tyres are more fuel efficient than others daw.

9 isn't that bad you know. i bet you get 12 at consistent RPMs in highway, so not that big a deal.
    actually i am looking at other areas of the engine, intake, exhaust that might be the culprit.

carb consumption higher than other unit with the same specs