New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by fcuk_macky View Post
    pa gurus i need ur help, my car is honda esi..di ko alam kung sa fuel pump ba ang problema ayaw na kc mag start..before pag on ko ng ignition i used to hear a hissing sound, parang nag load yung gas nya, pag ganun walng problema at mag start talaga yung car.. pero now wala na ako nadidinig na hissing sounds, at ayaw ndin mamaty nung check engine ko. kapapalit ko lang din ng cpu box at im relay..help

my wife's car is cvici esi 93. it has a 3 yr old problem. the problem is similar to fcuk_macky's (got the post from the other thread). nagagamit pa naman yung car but from turning on the engine the CEL light doesn't go off in 3 sec's as it should. it takes about 5 mins for the CEL light to turn off and that is the only time i can start the engine.

but if the car engine temp is up or the engine has been running for some time, the problem goes away.

btw, this problem cropped up when we changed the ignition coil and igniter some 3yrs ago also.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OEM ba yun igniter and coil? Surplus ba? If not then I suggest you get a new one from the casa or any reputable Honda parts dealer. If you still go for surplus a direct swap is a must to test the surplus unit.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ignition coil is definitely replacement brand. magkano kaya orig honda nito???

igniter is surplus (brand new is quite expensive, casa quoted a price of 8K for this )

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    see if there is an error code muna imo. it could be anything from the parts you replaced before to the main relay causing the problems.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    buhayin ko lang itong thread ko na ito.

habang nag-surf ako, napapunta ako sa isang site na nag-discuss about main relay of honda. then, nabasa ko some of the symptoms ay tulad nitong sa aming kotse na up to now ay ndi pa naayos hehehehe.

tinest ko yung main relay at mukang may problema nga. kaso wala sa local auto supply yung relay ng civic esi 93 ni misis.

any idea kung magkano ito sa surplus at kung ito kaya magiging solusyon sa problema ko?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    most common problem yung MAIN RELAY.

get the main relay exposed and turn the ignition ON
    if the CEL stays on , tap the relay with a screw driver
    and once the light turns off , try it again a few more times to confirm .

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Katulad mo ang problema nito.....

TANONG:
    My Honda Civic '95 will not start until the check engine light turns off. How do I fix this?

Battery was tested and is good. When the car is cold, the engine light takes longer to extinguish than after running for awhile. When the check engine light turns off I hear a click, and something sounds like is engaged, and the car starts with no complications. If I do not wait for the check engine light to turn off than the car will not turn over. What do I need to check or change to fix this problem?

SAGOT NG IBA:
    1. Had a similar problem with a van, it ended up being the ecu . Found the problem by unhooking the ecu and bringing it inside at nite. Hooked it back up in the morning and it started right up. Took it out and left it in the fridge for 2 hours and the vehicle would not start with a cold ecu.

2. maybe the spark plug? Check the wires on the top of the intake manifold those might be gone. I think it might be something electric in the firing system. You should get it looked at.

3. If its efi then check for the relay next to the computer its for the fuel pump, one of the common faults in honda's.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bambino View Post
    most common problem yung MAIN RELAY.

get the main relay exposed and turn the ignition ON
    if the CEL stays on , tap the relay with a screw driver
    and once the light turns off , try it again a few more times to confirm .
    nagawa ko na ito pero epektib lang pag mejo mainit na yung makina. pero from cold start, kahit anung pag-tap ko sa relay ayaw.

i-check ko uli using the methods mentioned sa reply ni V6. sana ndi ecu.

good thing meron ako repair manula ng EG.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    my wife's car is cvici esi 93. it has a 3 yr old problem. the problem is similar to fcuk_macky's (got the post from the other thread). nagagamit pa naman yung car but from turning on the engine the CEL light doesn't go off in 3 sec's as it should. it takes about 5 mins for the CEL light to turn off and that is the only time i can start the engine.

but if the car engine temp is up or the engine has been running for some time, the problem goes away.

btw, this problem cropped up when we changed the ignition coil and igniter some 3yrs ago also.

fourtheboys
    i had a first hand experience of the symptoms you described. i had a fix to this but i can not recall. it's been three years when a customer came in with that problem. this a recurring problem, you are not alone, what i will suggest is to cehck with the dealership service and ask for any technical service bulletins (TSB) or any recalls for your car. sometimes they are stingy with the information, you can log on to honda.com
    jick
    certified auto
    guam

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    gnito gawin mo.palita mo ang main relay/ecu relay. ganyan din ang problema ng kotche ko nuon.honda civic 95 esi. main relay lng yan

car wont start unless CEL turns off - not after 5 mins or more!!!