New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup. It's a balancing act. There's only so much power an engine will make safely.

For me, it's great to have the chip option, but I prefer for it to be custom mapped on the spot. Chips with set maps give wildly varying results on different cars.

Upgrade everything else first, then chip if you're not satisfied... ...breathing upgrades are the only "free" upgrades you have... ones that won't stress your engine more or give you other problems.

These include a new filter and intercooler fitting (there might be space for a Hilux-style top-mount on the Innova, from looking at the engine... but a front-mount is much superior) and mandrel bent down-pipes and exhaust. These should be sized and designed by someone reasonably familiar with the system... too much intercooler and you slow the intake too much...

It would be an interesting project... although one I'd like to see even more is a 3.0 D4D in the Innova...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    based on my experience sa makina after the upgrades mas lumakas un mkina and un fuel consumption nya gumanda tumipid,,as for the first part ng mods na intake and exhaust medyo the same pa rin un power..after installing the ecu upgrade mas pumino un andar and nwala un ingay ng mkina..mas tumipid sya k sa dati..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    hello ser Rion, kmusta na? eto hanggang ngayon very busy di ko pa din ma DIY yung intercooler na yan.... ha ha ha. di bale pagnaka-tiempo talaga ako nung may kasamang cooling fan na para iwas sa heat-soak tiyak PowerUp talaga yan!
    ah ok. good luck sa future DIY mo. it will be worth it I'm sure...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lytspid View Post
    wala po puputulin na wires just plug n play..installation is around 5-10 minutes sa fortuner wla png 5 minutes tpos na.. dun po sa crdi nka plug un ecu upgrade namin..5 day money back guarantee if not satisfied and also may switch po sya so u can tune to add more power if not satisfied with the pre settings.

Pls PM me the address of your shop. I would like to visit this Saturday and know more about re chipping. My car is a 2007 Santa Fe. TIA.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    gud day! mga sir sori po kung OT ako,,.ask ko lang po
    if how many kilometer/liter does the V8 4.7 Landcruiser does??

tenkz n advance..,!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    aound 4-5 kilometers /liter ata un sir..pg hi way nsa 9-10 ata...based on my friends experience with his cruzer..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lytspid View Post
    based on my experience sa makina after the upgrades mas lumakas un mkina and un fuel consumption nya gumanda tumipid,,as for the first part ng mods na intake and exhaust medyo the same pa rin un power..after installing the ecu upgrade mas pumino un andar and nwala un ingay ng mkina..mas tumipid sya k sa dati..

ser lytspid, can u share with us (if u have) Dyno Run Before and After the ECU tuning... so we can clearly see how much power/torque it really adds.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    we havent tested it on a dyno pero the usual power gains for an ecu upgrade is from 20-30hp depending on the engine it was installed.. but yuo can feel the pwer after it was installed..we intstalled it in on a d4d 3.0L hilux..0-100 takes about 12 seconds.after installing it it was down to 10seconds..we tested it a couple of times and still it has almost the same responds 0-100 10sec and up..but never the same as before 0-100 12sec...btw theres no dyno shop here in davao..dyno butt lng..hehehe..kc yuo can really feel the seat of the pants respond after the install also un fuel consumption mas tumipid..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
can CRDi's (or any of the same kind) be rechipped...