New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    sirs, i hope somebody will help me on this. namamatay ang makina ng sasakyan ko, minsan sa isang araw, 2x, minsan di naman, hindi. kaso, annoying dahil sa busina ng kasunod. dmax 2005, 4jh1, AT. kahit di naman nag CEL, pina scan ko. ang resulta, P1345-camshaft sensor. saan kaya pwede makabili nito maliban sa casa at magkano po kaya ang price range nito? ang advise po kasi ng shop, calibrate na siya at medyo may kamahalan ang signal, 65k. salamat po.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    65k for a sensor? Who said that? Its just a sensor...

Baka 6.5k

3. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    AFAIK pag sira ang camshaft sensor hindi mag-i-start ang engine mo, patuloy lang sya mag ka-crank pero hindi tutuloy ng engine run.
    Now, kung nagagawa naman nya mai-start ang engine most probably hindi mismong sensor ang problem, baka sa wiring or harness wires. Maaring lose contact sya sa terminal, kaya naiinterupt ang sending nya ng analog (volt) signal sa ecm.
    Pa-check mo muna sa electrician ang output ng mismong sensor then sa wires kung merong ac voltage output it usually have an output of .01~2vac upon cranking of engine. Hope this helps.

sent from my Nokia 3210i

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    65k for a sensor? Who said that? Its just a sensor...

Baka 6.5k
    thanks sa reply sir. the 65k estimate is from betan calibration. they told me me that they have to calibrate the injection pump to replace the sensor as the sensor is in the injection pump. the 65k cost is for the sensor and the calibration.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentis View Post
    AFAIK pag sira ang camshaft sensor hindi mag-i-start ang engine mo, patuloy lang sya mag ka-crank pero hindi tutuloy ng engine run.
    Now, kung nagagawa naman nya mai-start ang engine most probably hindi mismong sensor ang problem, baka sa wiring or harness wires. Maaring lose contact sya sa terminal, kaya naiinterupt ang sending nya ng analog (volt) signal sa ecm.
    Pa-check mo muna sa electrician ang output ng mismong sensor then sa wires kung merong ac voltage output it usually have an output of .01~2vac upon cranking of engine. Hope this helps.

sent from my Nokia 3210i
    thank you so much for the reply sir. parang nakakahinga ako ng maluwag sa sinabi nyo po. 1 click lang pag start n umaga, andar agad. yong ng lang may mga araw na namamatay pero pag restart, andar naman agad. additional query sir, nakakabit ba talaga sa injection pump, gaya ng sinabi ng calibration shop, ang camshaft sensor?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Literally, NO!...ang camshaft sensor ay nakakabit between flywheel and transmission.
    Pero, the signal he send is what the ECM uses to control the opening and closing of electronic fuel injection (EFI) valves.
    So, they are one complete circuit.
    Mostly, hindi na iniintindi ng mga technician ang thorough check ng camshaft sensor pag yun ang lumitaw (P0335, P340) nirerekomenda na lang agad nila na palitan saka na lang nila hahanapin ulit ang problema kapag napalitan na ang sensor at ganun pa rin ang resulta. Kung hindi mo kayang i-DIY, makipag deal ka na lng sa auto shop muna na kung hindi ganun pa rin problema isusuli mo ang sensor (mostly pag electrical parts, no return policy nila) galingan mo na lng makiusap kung sakali.

sent from my Nokia 3210i

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentis View Post
    Literally, NO!...ang camshaft sensor ay nakakabit between flywheel and transmission.
    Pero, the signal he send is what the ECM uses to control the opening and closing of electronic fuel injection (EFI) valves.
    So, they are one complete circuit.
    Mostly, hindi na iniintindi ng mga technician ang thorough check ng camshaft sensor pag yun ang lumitaw (P0335, P340) nirerekomenda na lang agad nila na palitan saka na lang nila hahanapin ulit ang problema kapag napalitan na ang sensor at ganun pa rin ang resulta. Kung hindi mo kayang i-DIY, makipag deal ka na lng sa auto shop muna na kung hindi ganun pa rin problema isusuli mo ang sensor (mostly pag electrical parts, no return policy nila) galingan mo na lng makiusap kung sakali.

sent from my Nokia 3210i
    thank you so much sir.. hanap ako ng shop ngayon. salamat po talaga.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Verified Tsikot Member

May 7th, 2016, 10:32 AM #6

this information is misleading.
    the camshaft position sensor or CMP is either located at the end of the camshaft or integrated in the distributor or driven by the camshaft which turns half the speed of the distributor. it is never installed near or around the flywheel. the sensor around the vicinity of the flywheel or the snout of the crankshaft is the crankshaft position sensor or CMP

if this CMP is that of a hall effect type sensor (magnetic type) accumulates iron particles at the tip of the sensor and will display a rather "noisy" signal that confuses the PCM which will react by shutting the engine down or running erratically.

pull the sensor out first and clean the tip with paper towel and reinstall. if you have the capability of a digital storage oscilloscope, view the signal waveform before and after cleaning.

http://www.aa1car.com/library/crank_waveform.gif
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; May 9th, 2016 at 10:51 AM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    Verified Tsikot Member

May 7th, 2016, 10:32 AM #6

this information is misleading.
    the camshaft position sensor or CMP is either located at the end of the camshaft or integrated in the distributor or driven by the camshaft which turns half the speed of the distributor. it is never installed near or around the flywheel. the sensor around the vicinity of the flywheel or the snout of the crankshaft is the crankshaft position sensor or CMP

if this CMP is that of a hall effect type sensor (magnetic type) accumulates iron particles at the tip of the sensor and will display a rather "noisy" signal that confuses the PCM which will react by shutting the engine down or running erratically.

pull the sensor out first and clean the tip with paper towel and reinstall. if you have the capability of a digital storage oscilloscope, view the signal waveform before and after cleaning.

http://www.aa1car.com/library/crank_waveform.gif
    If you were using Google, please look for the actual camshaft sensor location.
    You were reffering a hall type sensor and I am with the magnetic type.
    I am not misleading, its part of my job nature which is related to the sensors alike.
    Google it and look for the actual images.

sent from my Nokia 3210i

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    mga masters, actually, i haven't brought my dmax yet to the shop as i was soliciting advises on what could the best action to be taken as the PhP 65K seems to be quite expensive. i cant take a hit and miss with that amount. the car is dmax 2005 model, AT. the problem is that it stalls sometime, even when it is running in the road. i had it scanned and the result is P1345 trouble code, camshaft sensor. the shop where i had it scanned told me that the injection pump needs to be calibrated for 65K. i went to the isuzu casa here in davao city last saturday and the sensor is only 2,495 pesos.. i went back to the shop who gave me the quotation and this only adds more confusion to me as im not a car guy, knew nothing. he told that the there are 2 camshaft sensors. the P1345 trouble is the camshaft sensor inside the injection pump, hence the cost.. as of now, for 4 days, di naman namamatay ang makina kaso di ako makabyahe ng malayo dahil baka bumigay ang sasakyan, bahay palengke lang ang route ko. mga masters, query ko lang,is it true that there are 2 camshaft sensors in dmax 2005?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast