New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Mga kapatid,

I have a serious problem that I hope you can help with. Kasi after buying a second hand Pajero (1995) I brought it to the casa for "heavy check-up." Before I bought it hindi pa siya 'blow-by'. Tapos after changing all filters (oil, air, etc) and changing oil from ordinary to fully synthetic (recommended by Mitsubishi) na pagkamahal-mahal, nag blow-by na siya. Bakit!

And to top it all, I asked the technician how is the engine before I left the casa and he said it is alright and no blow by. Pagdating ko sa bahay to look at the engine blow-by pala. How could they have missed it!

My question is could it be possible that the fully synthetic oil changed the performance of 4d56. Or is there such a thing as 'hiyang' on particular oils for diesels.

What could have happened in the casa that caused all these? May epekto ba ang linis lahat sa blow by?

Today I am going back to casa to have it reexamined - one week pa lang kasi ang nakaraan

Please advice this newbie.

Salamat ng marami and warm regards all around.

Papa Bravo

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may kakilala akong bumili ng old car
    nung kinuha nila no blow-by, after a week blow-by na.
    sabi ng mechanic, at the time na bibilhin nya pinuno ng OIL TREATMENT.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we have a compression tested at our shop.

Doc Diesel

4. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Salamat Olive Drab and Doc Diesel,

After searching the internet mukhang possible nga yung pinuno muna ng oil treatment. I saw sites of oil lubricants claiming to minimize or stop blow by thru their oil treatments, like Valvoline.

My next question is okay lang ba kung gagamitan ko ng oil treatment to stop the blow by. What's the downside to using them? Or should I go for more drastic measures such as overhauling na?

5. FrankDrebin Guest
    Ano ba yung blow-by?

Paano ba ito nararamdaman?

Sensya na ngayon-ngayon lang ako nag-diesel.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    PapaBravo... i dont think the oil is the Culprit. Its possible na lumala lang talaga yung blowby ng makina.

I was victimized by similar circumstances... being a first time diesel user. Walang choice.... pina overhaul ko (twice in fact). But now im reaping the benefits of a good diesel engine! No regrets coz learning experience naman.

Frank::: Blowby is an engine condition where the engine oil "blows by" the piston rings and gets burned in the combustion chamber. Mapapansin mo to pag mabilis maubos ang langis mo... tipong 1 liter a week ang kailangan idagdag. Pansin ito sa gas engines, pag parang bluish-black yung usok, blowby na yon.

Sa diesel mas hindi halata kasi mausok talaga yung exhaust hehehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir PapaBravo...imho, temporary lang na solusyon yung paglalagay ng oil treatment, nandun pa rin po yung cause ng problema nyo...go to a reputable machanical shop to get their opinion...most probably overhaul na po iyan...

hintay lang po kayo ng reply ng iba pa nating kasama

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pano mo nasabing blowby?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by PapaBravo
    Mga kapatid,

I have a serious problem that I hope you can help with. Kasi after buying a second hand Pajero (1995) I brought it to the casa for "heavy check-up." Before I bought it hindi pa siya 'blow-by'. Tapos after changing all filters (oil, air, etc) and changing oil from ordinary to fully synthetic (recommended by Mitsubishi) na pagkamahal-mahal, nag blow-by na siya. Bakit!

And to top it all, I asked the technician how is the engine before I left the casa and he said it is alright and no blow by. Pagdating ko sa bahay to look at the engine blow-by pala. How could they have missed it!

That is the question! Anong klaseng technician ba yung tumingin? baka electrical technician at hindi engine mechanic? j/k lang ah!

Paano mo nga pala nasabing blow-by?

Sayang naman yung ginastos mo! Get back at the casa.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Malakas ang exhaust na lumalabas sa engine oil cap area. Engine breather malakas ang tulo ng langis. Kung may usok normal ito kaya nga tinawag na breather.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Blow-by engine after fully synthetic oil?