New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir,

maybe if i take a picture of the 3.2liter engine, maybe the experts can mark the parts so i can know the parts to clean and takeout.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    magandang pamalit dyan sa EGR eh yung water alcohol injection.. ang talagang purpose ng EGR is too prevent the formation of NOX by introducing exhaust gas.. since carbon monoxide yan mababawasan yung oxygen content nung hangin na papasok sa intake manifold there by preventing NOX since NOX is a by product of high combustion temperature and too much oxygen... kaya nga madalas ang mga makina na may EGR ay yung naka TURBO kasi yung turbo nagbibigay ng excess oxygen sa intake manifold and to control that is the EGR.. ngayon sa water alcohol injection yung combustion temp ang mag lolower thus preventing NOx..

gusto ko sana ng water alcohol injection kaya lang mahal pa mag pakabit ng kit eh.. nasa 10k up pa ata

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Yes with water injection you will basically never have to clean out your EGR valve, not to mention it will significantly lower your NOX emissions. Even if your remove the EGR valve you will still have lower emissions than you would have with it in place with the water injection in use.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    lucky me no egr valve in my truck. just an oil catch tank fabricated from a spent A/C drier-filter...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    Regular cleaning of the EGR will not harm it. You need a good degreasing solvent and some elbow grease to clean it out. Boiling water really breaks it up quickly as well. Just let it dry out before re-installing.

I recommend everyone inspect it at least once a year, every 6 months would be much better because they get nasty very quickly especially if you don't have a oil catch can.
    sir dun sa service manual ng jazz ko, may nakikita akong EGR valve at pipe. parehas ba sila dapat linisin? pag sa casa nagpa-PMS, nililinis din ba nila ito at certain intervals?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by s10pao View Post
    sir dun sa service manual ng jazz ko, may nakikita akong EGR valve at pipe. parehas ba sila dapat linisin? pag sa casa nagpa-PMS, nililinis din ba nila ito at certain intervals?
    Sa gas engine not much problem IMO pero dapat linisin pa rin.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i felt guilty after reading this thread, my EGR was blocked around a year ago to solve the black smoke problem on my 4M40. we cleaned the EGR today. it was full of gunk. it was stuck open(?) that's why the engine was smokey. however, didnt have the chance to clean the intake manifold anymore.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    lucky me no egr valve in my truck. just an oil catch tank fabricated from a spent A/C drier-filter...
    I am planning on doing this too, can you share a picture of what you have?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    up for this. my starex Grx Crdi has been belching smoke, under-powered and fuel consumption is very bad. Hyundai Casa said the EGR needs replacement.. im afraid it might cost me an arm and leg.. will removing the EGR for this particular model work? (Starex GRX CRDi)

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by poorprince View Post
    up for this. my starex Grx Crdi has been belching smoke, under-powered and fuel consumption is very bad. Hyundai Casa said the EGR needs replacement.. im afraid it might cost me an arm and leg.. will removing the EGR for this particular model work? (Starex GRX CRDi)
    No, just clean it first baka puwede pa. CRDi kasi yan, nasa ECU niyan na dapat gumagana EGR mo. Check engine labas niyan if tatanggalin or i-block mo.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Blocking of egr