New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Re-bore... hmmm... I don't know. Depends on the block. Most you could probably do is gain about 0.05 liters... not really worth it unless you're prepping the engine and putting in high-comp pistons at the same time.

I know what you mean. I've ridden/driven cars much faster than mine, but I still want to keep that NA sound.

The Unichip is at Speedlab, Quezon Avenue. They do installation and dynotuning in-shop. If they're not familiar with the car, wiring the chip will take two or three days. But it's worth it. Speedlab is at Quezon Avenue... phone number: 376-4648

ATI can also give suggestions for build stuff... pistons and rods to use if you're working on the short block, etcetera... but remember, research on the engine thoroughly before committing. You can also try clubprotege.com and protegefaq.net for more info.

For parts, there are a bunch of guys on fordclub who can hook you up with suspension parts, intake parts and exhaust. For exhaust, I suggest you go custom, though... but take the deals on intake tubing (Simota... available... cheap) then fit it with a K&N. Watch the MAF placement, though... if the filter is too close to the MAF, you lose power as air turbulence plays havoc with the MAF.

Good luck!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    dollar/horsepoewer turbo is the way to go.Porting and polishing is a waste of money.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by paullex View Post
    Thanks Niky! Yeah i ddnt think the hp by the wheels would be that low, quite dissapointing, but that means more work!
    Il try to get a dyno test by next week and see how it fares out but for the mean time, where do you get reliable performace parts, specially clutch assembly?
    how do i get my hands on those infamous unichips?

I will give Ati a visit tmrw if not this week, ill see what they see..

Im game to prep a 1.6 zm since its what i have atm, tho i dont think turbos quite fits the job, force induced are for drivers who wants power the easy way, i love the raw sound of a speed bred n/a engine, reminds me of formula cars, on road.

What do you guys think of a rebored engine?
    You claim to be a "professional race driver" locally and internationally therefore you should know speed costs money right. A rebored 1.6l engine with mods might only be as fast as a stock 2.0l. A forced induced dohc 2.0l up engine will have the speed you are looking for.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Si 06 View Post
    You claim to be a "professional race driver" locally and internationally therefore you should know speed costs money right. A rebored 1.6l engine with mods might only be as fast as a stock 2.0l. A forced induced dohc 2.0l up engine will have the speed you are looking for.
    Lol stumbled on this thread again
    * Si 06 I race professionally when I wrote this thread. I had FIA race licence with AAP for karting and race across Asia, along side with Marlon and Matteo.
    As for my 1.6 ZM-DE. I was able to rebore to .50 along with handful tuning upgrades, few years back with the ATI guys!
    156244_231297720331371_550416223_n.jpg
    279165_231297673664709_662478984_o.jpg

I still drive this car and is now a track-car. Good times

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Best Port & Polish mechanic.