New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hello im new at Tsikot.com. Since you guys know alot about cars and Manila, can anyone recommend a shop or garage with a good port & polish mechanic? Its for a Ford lynx ZMD 1.6 dohc or b6? for mazda cars. I am for quality works with no compromization. Salamat po.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by paullex View Post
    Hello im new at Tsikot.com. Since you guys know alot about cars and Manila, can anyone recommend a shop or garage with a good port & polish mechanic? Its for a Ford lynx ZMD 1.6 dohc or b6? for mazda cars. I am for quality works with no compromization. Salamat po.

black sheep autoworks...eto po # nila 2400092 sila po ang mga kumakarera dati sa marcos highway ngayon puro track racing na sila at legal racing...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    san sila located? proven and tested na po ba sila?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    sir try mo sa KANZAI performance dito sa may araneta ave. recommended ng mga HCP'ers. di ko sure bro kung pwede yung tsikot mo dun kasi puro honda engine ginagawa nila dun. tested ko narin.ok naman!
    Last edited by EGcoolmhan; April 22nd, 2008 at 02:53 PM. Reason: kulang

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    *EG,
    Contact numbers post ka naman,

*Force,
    Dude, have called them up and for my ride, they have estimated the billed about 20-25k, all in na ang items sa kanila.. regarding P&P yan ha,
    Located cla sa:
    Black Sheep - Look for toochie
    Imelda Ave, Cainta RIzal. 2kms rightside.

Anu ba tlga ang advantage pag nagpaP&P ka? and bkt ganun kamahal?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Before you go into port & polishing, consider the engine itself. Port & polishing will only work if the rest of the engine, the intake manifold, the valves, the intake and exhaust modifications, etcetera, can flow enough to maximize your gains. My advice? Before doing this, research on the internet. Find out all you can about your engine, and where the possible restrictions are, before commiting to this. You might also find advice on what part of the cylinder head it is best to concentrate on when P&Ping.

20-25k is about average. You can also try ATi (located on the road going to Tagaytay from Santa Rosa)... they test their work on a flow-bench to ensure even cylinder-to-cylinder flow.

There are also a couple of others. There's Bernard (don't know his shop), who was recommended to me by Speedlab, and also the main man at AutoPlus, Pacho... they're pricier, but they take their time and study the engines they're P&Ping.

Still, nothing is sure... and you sometimes run the risk of P&Ping too much, which will make your engine sluggish down low.

Also consider engine management. If your stock computer cannot handle the extra flow properly, you will not maximize gains, either.

For the threadstarter... join up at http://forum.fordclubph.com to find out more about your engine and what you can do to maximize its potential.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thank you guys for your great suggestions! Ive been reading other forums too and i keep hearing Black Sheep is the best for my ZM engine.
    I am not striving for looks but speed, not the commercialized tuner market car, but my own tuned speed bred toy car, so i try to experience the possibilies of what it takes to create/build one(affordably).
    I am a professional race driver localy and Int'l. I do have experience with competivive motorsport but what i am trying to do is see things on the other side, the tuner world they say, and try to produce a tuner with whats available around. It is not a prof. race car where there are rules to follow(engine blueprinting, minimum weight), and specially its not for racing on the streets.
    Right now the car has a full intake power flow sys, 421 headers, 2.5"pipe, reso, power flow muff the full IHE and is bieng stripped of heavy parts in replacement of lighter materials (thnx to pr), lower and stiffend frame.
    I just want to clear that its not for street racing! i just drive fast, logicaly...
    I hope you guys can help me by giving suggestions of places and garages to get parts and accessories wiht my questions in the future. In the end i do want to share the knowledge i will get from this to everyone. Thanks again in advance!

*niky
    where exactly is ATi? is it after paseo, in the middle of the climb to tagaytay? i live quite close thnx!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mackkcam View Post
    *EG,
    Contact numbers post ka naman,

*Force,
    Dude, have called them up and for my ride, they have estimated the billed about 20-25k, all in na ang items sa kanila.. regarding P&P yan ha,
    Located cla sa:
    Black Sheep - Look for toochie
    Imelda Ave, Cainta RIzal. 2kms rightside.

Anu ba tlga ang advantage pag nagpaP&P ka? and bkt ganun kamahal?

mack,
    kanzai performance
    landline: 482-2557
    look for mike: cp # 0917-5371677

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by paullex View Post
    Thank you guys for your great suggestions! Ive been reading other forums too and i keep hearing Black Sheep is the best for my ZM engine.
    I am not striving for looks but speed, not the commercialized tuner market car, but my own tuned speed bred toy car, so i try to experience the possibilies of what it takes to create/build one(affordably).
    I am a professional race driver localy and Int'l. I do have experience with competivive motorsport but what i am trying to do is see things on the other side, the tuner world they say, and try to produce a tuner with whats available around. It is not a prof. race car where there are rules to follow(engine blueprinting, minimum weight), and specially its not for racing on the streets.
    Right now the car has a full intake power flow sys, 421 headers, 2.5"pipe, reso, power flow muff the full IHE and is bieng stripped of heavy parts in replacement of lighter materials (thnx to pr), lower and stiffend frame.
    I just want to clear that its not for street racing! i just drive fast, logicaly...
    I hope you guys can help me by giving suggestions of places and garages to get parts and accessories wiht my questions in the future. In the end i do want to share the knowledge i will get from this to everyone. Thanks again in advance!

*niky
    where exactly is ATi? is it after paseo, in the middle of the climb to tagaytay? i live quite close thnx!
    Hehehe... I live close to there, too.

Yup. After Paseo. Not very far up... you'll see it on the right side after one or two villages... if you get to the PNP Camp, you're waaaaay too far up, already.

Again, join our boards, ( http://forum.fordclubph.com ) lots of guys looking for power solutions for the ZM. Last I recall, with a full intake, header and exhaust set-up, the highest I've seen is just 95 whp. Stock makes a measly 80 whp. But the header in question isn't so good... doesn't make much top-end. There's talk that the motor is good for turbo, due to the stout bottom end, but not many locals have done it on the 1.6 (none that we know of).

We have yet to get a member dedicated enough to go for engine management on the 1.6... and we'd like to see the results. It's 30k pesos for the Unichip, and usually, it gives 10-15 hp gains in the midrange and 5-10 hp gains up top for small gasoline engines, depending on the engine and mods.

But if you're set on PnP... get that first, then look on http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/ for advice about cams for the engine (for them, it's the Mazda Protege...), then once you're done with everything, THEN get engine management.

I'm betting it's possible to get 110-120 whp out of the engine... which would be equivalent to 140-150 bhp, with a port n' polish, cams and the ECU. Not blisteringly fast, but fun enough.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks Niky! Yeah i ddnt think the hp by the wheels would be that low, quite dissapointing, but that means more work!
    Il try to get a dyno test by next week and see how it fares out but for the mean time, where do you get reliable performace parts, specially clutch assembly?
    how do i get my hands on those infamous unichips?

I will give Ati a visit tmrw if not this week, ill see what they see..

Im game to prep a 1.6 zm since its what i have atm, tho i dont think turbos quite fits the job, force induced are for drivers who wants power the easy way, i love the raw sound of a speed bred n/a engine, reminds me of formula cars, on road.

What do you guys think of a rebored engine?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Best Port & Polish mechanic.