New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    sa honda vti kodati nilagyan ko.malaking tulong sa engine at aircon kailangan baliktarin din ung blade para pahigop ung hangin..
    ngayon naman sa advie nilagyan ko rin maganda nagiging lamig ng AC at hindi pa gaano nagiinit ang makina..800 lang kuha ko ako nalang nag install ,,

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    sa honda vti kodati nilagyan ko.malaking tulong sa engine at aircon kailangan baliktarin din ung blade para pahigop ung hangin..
    ngayon naman sa advie nilagyan ko rin maganda nagiging lamig ng AC at hindi pa gaano nagiinit ang makina..800 lang kuha ko ako nalang nag install ,,
    80 for the fan assembly? good deal bro. oem mounting was available?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    if the blades are not uni-directional, one has but to exchange terminal connections, to reverse the airflow.
    if unidirectional, you have to flip the housing, to maximize airflow.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I wonder if it would help to swap out the clutch fan on the Innova 2.5 with a pair of aux fans. I'm on the side of the fence that thinks dual aux fans would be better than a single clutch fan, all things considered. For one, aux fans has less parasitic draw as they only operate on-demand. That means, less power loss and better fuel economy in the long run. It also means I still get a full complement of air flow while stuck in traffic, among other advantages.

Is there a place on the 2KD-FTV for a screw-on thermo switch?

Wiring would slightly be a challenge as I'd want it to function like a stock aux fan would.... Run automatically at 100% when the A/C compressor is engaged and/or at 80% when the coolant temp goes up to a preset temp (ie. ≥85 °C). The fan then turns off when the A/C compressor is disengaged and/or if the coolant temp gets down to ≤80 °C.

* I'm just guessing the operating temp range here. I might fire up the ol' Techstream later and see if I can get a reading off of the coolant temp sensor while the engine is running at operating temp.

This might be more work than is necessary, but if I can somehow manage to get my butt off the sofa and actually start working on this, it's probably going to be fun.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I wonder if it would help to swap out the clutch fan on the Innova 2.5 with a pair of aux fans. I'm on the side of the fence that thinks dual aux fans would be better than a single clutch fan, all things considered. For one, aux fans has less parasitic draw as they only operate on-demand. That means, less power loss and better fuel economy in the long run. It also means I still get a full complement of air flow while stuck in traffic, among other advantages.

Wiring would slightly be a challenge as I'd want it to function like a stock aux fan would.... Run automatically at 100% when the A/C compressor is engaged and/or at 80% when the coolant temp goes up to a preset temp (ie. ≥85 °C). The fan then turns off when the A/C compressor is disengaged and/or if the coolant temp gets down to ≤80 °C.

* I'm just guessing the operating temp range here. I might fire up the ol' Techstream later and see if I can get a reading off of the coolant temp sensor while the engine is running at operating temp.

This might be more work than is necessary, but if I can somehow manage to get my butt off the sofa and actually start working on this, it's probably going to be fun.
    i used to have a liftback. i brought it to the aircon shop, because the aircon would get warm in traffic. aircon man installed an aux fan in front of the radiator. it did wonders to my aircon, even in traffic.

he connected my aux fan power needs to the compressor's. fan would run when compressor kicked in.

the engine did not overheat, aircon on or off, traffic or highway.

the original fan behind the radiator was not touched in any way.

i guess, the most difficult part, would to be to get one that fits into the space.

what is your car, sir?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if the blades are not uni-directional, one has but to exchange terminal connections, to reverse the airflow.
    if unidirectional, you have to flip the housing, to maximize airflow.
    yes sir ..pag binaliktad nyo po ung terminal mag reverse po ung ikot.pero kailangan nyo parin po baliktarin ung blade.universal aux fan tawag nila..sa las pinyas ko nabili kay kingsport sa sapote..

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i used to have a liftback. i brought it to the aircon shop, because the aircon would get warm in traffic. aircon man installed an aux fan in front of the radiator. it did wonders to my aircon, even in traffic.

he connected my aux fan power needs to the compressor's. fan would run when compressor kicked in.

the engine did not overheat, aircon on or off, traffic or highway.

the original fan behind the radiator was not touched in any way.

i guess, the most difficult part, would to be to get one that fits into the space.

what is your car, sir?
    Yeah, that's the easy way to solve one problem (the need for continuous airflow while idling). But to actually reduce or eliminate engine power loss (and promote better FE), going full-electric is probably the way to go. There are other advantages. For one, with the mechanical fan removed, there's less lateral forces and vibration acting on the water pump, which theoretically will make its bearing and seals last longer.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post

years ago, i've seen a box type lancer at the talyer with that kind of setup. though i didn't have the time to ask the owner how it works.
    also my guess with the wiring could be a challenge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12