New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Not sure if this is ok. Normally fans are behind the radiator/condenser. Any comments or thoughts on this setup?

upload images

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    nice one.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    for the condenser? direct cooling; that would be fine. madami naman na gumagawa niyan bro.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by benchman View Post
    for the condenser? direct cooling; that would be fine. madami naman na gumagawa niyan bro.
    thanks for info.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    sa MS sir stock nasa harap. bro zix added an auxillary fan sa harap din...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    sa MS sir stock nasa harap. bro zix added an auxillary fan sa harap din...
    meron mesh in between? I think factory setup is behind kasi in case the fan blade cracks.. the shards will not damage the radiator.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Not sure if this is ok. Normally fans are behind the radiator/condenser. Any comments or thoughts on this setup?

upload images

nice and clean. i like it.
    also, because of the large space around it, it will allow the use of cheaper, non-branded fans.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I remember '90s cars had fans in front... Another behind the radiator...

Fan in front is connected to the A/C compressor...
    Radiator fan is linked with the thermostat...

I think '90s Sentras have 2 big fans behind the radiator... Instead of the front and back set-up...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I remember '90s cars had fans in front... Another behind the radiator...

Fan in front is connected to the A/C compressor...
    Radiator fan is linked with the thermostat...

I think '90s Sentras have 2 big fans behind the radiator... Instead of the front and back set-up...
    many rear-drive cars of 90s and older, had fans behind the radiator. but to some owners, the aircons and engines got hotter in heavy traffic.
    they added auxiliary electric fans in front of the radiator. the set-up resulted in cooler aircon and engine, and did not result in engine overheat when off.
    i had one, myself.

my '97 sentra had two aux fans in front. and they gave me a big headache.
    for a long time, i could not find the source of my engine's tendency to overheat in traffic. until an oldtimer mechanic showed me just how weak my old fans' airflow was, compared to the new ones'. we had to do it side by side, as my old fans still managed to push out considerable oomph.
    strangely, the aircon was still acceptably cold. but it did get factory-arctic-cold, after replacement of the old aux fans.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 15th, 2017 at 11:25 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    many rear-drive cars of 90s and older, had fans behind the radiator. but to some owners, the aircons and engines got hotter in heavy traffic.
    they added auxiliary electric fans in front of the radiator. the set-up resulted in cooler aircon and engine, and did not result in engine overheat when off.
    i had one, myself.

my '97 sentra had two aux fans in front. and they gave me a big headache.
    for a long time, i could not find the source of my engine's tendency to overheat in traffic. until an oldtimer mechanic showed me just how weak my old fans' airflow was, compared to the new ones'. we had to do it side by side, as my old fans still managed to push out considerable oomph.
    strangely, the aircon was still acceptably cold. but it did get factory-arctic-cold, after replacement of the old aux fans.

Yes, it's a common remedy especially for "non-tropical designed" cars.

The aux fan infront of the engine typically draws air towards the engine, and the 2nd aux fan behind the bumper must draw air towards the engine as well... Ergo, one air flow direction towards the engine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast