New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Met the inventor of Per'tua additive, John Simon. He claims his product is different from other oil additives since it polarizes the metals thus causing "like poles" (as in magnets) which tend to keep apart.

Not a viscosity improver so no base oil carrier, rather uses synthetic additives. Works in as little as 10 minutes from the time you add it and can last even after several oil changes.

I mentioned the claims of other US oil additives, eg, slick 50, duralube, etc, which were found to be false when replicated by a consumer group and subsequently fined.

He said his product is licensed in the US under "Tribotech". A third party test was done wherein oil was removed from engine and run for several hours- meaning it passed the claims.

Any users of this per'tua additive on the forum? Would like to know your experience with it- both good and bad!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    yup, met jun simon looong time ago. did he show you the psi testing machine where you put some additive and compress the metal to see at what psi it chokes up? We tried that on our fleet of cars, trucks, and forklifts. With the forklifts especially, we have a scheduled change oil every 200 hours, as recommended by petron. What we did was conduct an oil test at 200 hours, and 300 hours. Sabi kasi ng petron noon (when we exclusively get the diesel and bunker fuel from them), free ang lab testing ng oil nila. This time, we didn't tell them that the oil we were testing contained additive. At 300 hours, they recommended that the oil is still good to be used, no oil change needed, although there was 1 forklift unit that had deteriorated oil quality, but we concluded it was because the engine was about to go on overhaul.
    Also applied it on my 89 16V corolla. Using Petron mineral based multigrade, I normally change oil every 5K, noticing thicker viscosity when you check the oil driping from the dipstick. Then on succeeding oil change, had pertua in, checked it UP TO 10K, the oil still dripped well! Eventually changed oil at 12K. But on succeeding, maintained it at 10K. But that was long time ago, wala na ang 16V ko, binili ng junk shop after I totalled it one day.

THAT WAS THEN. When our motorpool made a comment one day that pertua didn't look and feel the same, we decided to stop using (partly also when their supplier had some theft issue with mr simon's agent). One day, another supplier using the same equipment, showed up. We conducted several on the spot tests, including an old bottle of pertua we had on stock. Tama nga suspecha namin, it's not the same!! Don't think it was a fake, kasi we still got it from the local supplier. Bottom line is that maybe mr simon succumbed to the pressure of his own success and diluted or changed his formula. Pertua is still around in our place, but we won't touch it anymore.
    Last edited by altec; September 19th, 2004 at 09:54 AM.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    i saw it on TV and was impressed
    i never tried it, im using PET (yellow can) once a year.

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Ako I still follow the manufacturer's recommendation that oil additives are bad for your car's health.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't use oil additives either. Sayang pera.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I used to use these oil additives.

Now I'd rather change oil regularly and use synthetic oil.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    sir dvdlock... any comments about this additive? use by apache helicopters daw in the US.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Any company that use B.S marketing claims like that and cannot provide a basic MSDS or list of additives in the product is to be avoided at all cost.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    Any company that use B.S marketing claims like that and cannot provide a basic MSDS or list of additives in the product is to be avoided at all cost.
    I used pertua with other brand of engine treatment additives in my car (hyundai excel model 95 ex-taxi) before. since its an old car my brother in law thought that it was already overhauled because 'malakas humatak'. Considering the mileage of the car ako rin hanga sa makina. Now, i make it a point to put engine treatment additive once a year on my kia sportage and also my captiva. iba -iba ang brand ng additive, hopefully one of them works, hehehe. i might also use pertua again pero sabi ni Altec may pagkakaiba daw dun sa mga unang labas n pertua.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ECG View Post
    i saw it on TV and was impressed
    i never tried it, im using PET (yellow can) once a year.
    Sir goodmorning. i know you posted this 8 years ago pa haha.
    Yung dad ko kasi, sabi niya lalagyan niya daw ng PET yung car namin, diesel fed.
    Ok lang ba sir if pwede ako humingi ng link how the product looks like? packaging, etc.
    Honestly, hindi ko naabutan yung product na ito and sabi niya, it works daw.

Yung PERTUA sir, saan po nakakabili nun? I looked it in the net and nasa metal can container siya.
    Can be easily spotted since malaki naman yung label.

Thanks sir!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Any comments on Per'tua oil additive?