New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by odeereambillo
    Hi all!

two types of fuel saving device:

Post-Combustion Device - EGO (please see previous posts for extensive description and explanation)

PRE-COMBUSTION DEVICE - Khaos Super Turbo Charger. Corrects fuel/air ratio (ideal ratio is 1:15 - reference:http://www.eric-gorr.com/techarticle...erminology.htm) by introducing precisely regulated fresh air thru the intake manifold before it is burned inside the combustion chamber. Correct fuel/air mixture results to full combustion. Ergo, lesser fuel consumption (for questions on how the device reduces fuel consumption significantly, please email me at usreambillo*yahoo.com); more power; lesser carbon deposits; longer life for spark plugs; longer change oil gaps; longer life for engine.

For more inquiries please email me at usreambillo*yahoo.com

Odee Reambillo
    Speed&PowerTrends
    basically the "Khaos" thingie is a post air-sensor, pre-engine manifold air-intake. This lets the engine intake more air than fuel. This device is installed between the air intake sensor and the engine itself. It provides another air intake for the engine but this amount of air is NOT measured by the engine ECU. This results in a slightly lean running engine. Good for fuel economy bad for engine power.

Typically the device is constructed of a metal cylinder (roughly the size of a shaving foam can) with some sort of filter-like or mesh element inside. :praning:

I really have nothing against this kind of products EXCEPT misleading labels like "supercharger" or "turbo"... :mad:

IMHO, the devices like the one mentioned above is usually overpriced by 500% or even more.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The EGO device will be featured tonight, Aug. 19, over at Saksi newscast, GMA 7 at 11:15 p.m.

A demo was taken by GMA news department.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mr. alegre, you're back! i remember you so i hope you also remember me. but just in case you forgot, ako yung maraming tanong na hindi mo masagot nuon. napikon ka pa nga yata. anyway, hello. and here we are again!

for starters...

i doubt it if a feature demo by gma7 or abs-cbn can bolster any claims made by you, alam naman nating lahat how stupid those media people are di ba. would they really know the difference e saksakan ng bobo yang mga nasa gma at abs-cbn! besides, philippine media opinions are always for sale! we would not treat that feature any different from a paid advertisement on tv. and please don't tell us about their reputations as "credible" people, they are not and never will be. what credentials would they have to evaluate such a technical item??? they are experts in mass communications, not engineering. if ever they will just be creating hype, period.

nag-post kana dati dito e. it's the same thing, a venturi device that as claimed by you increases horsepower, fuel efficiency and decreases emissions. you did not in any way answer my questions then. i will repeat those questions again in case you forgot.

1. how will it oxidize the HC and CO when the exhaust gas is already below the ignition temperatures required? as per the email you sent me several months ago, there are no catalysts inside the ego. so how does it innitiate further oxidation then???

2. the device sucks in air and mixes it with the flue gas (that means exhaust gas, for those who are not familiar with the term). does this not explain the reduction of the "percentage" of HC and CO, since you are in fact increasing the amount of gases? 1+1 = 2, flue gas + air = [flue gas AND air]. it merely dilutes the amount of HC and CO since you are adding air to it, does it not???

results produced from an exhaust gas analyzer would be misleading and useless as the percentages will actually go down after air is infused, any mechanical engineer worth his salt can tell you that.

what i want to see here is the actual moles of HC and CO before and after it passes through your device, NOT THE PERCENTAGES. molal count per kg of flue gas produced before and after the device will give us a more definitive indication that there is in fact a reduction in the HC and CO. this means that a sample of flue gas will need to be analyzed as to moles of HC and CO, then passed through your device, then analyzed again. what needs to be seen is if the actual amount of HC and CO did decrease, not the percentage.

3. how in this world does a device, connected at the end of the tail pipe, increase an engine's power output and efficiency? if it does anything to the engine it only restricts the exhaust. does that not in fact decrease power and efficiency, the exact reverse of what you claim??? since the infussion of more air means the engine needs to push out more mass, how does that decrease the exhaust pressure???

pasensya na if i might seem putting you down. but i am a technical person by training so i must question you again and again until i am satisfied with the answers. if not then i am sorry as i am duty bound by my profession to share my opinions in matters like these (read this as "expose a fraud", so please do defend your claims).

btw, your website does not explain anything. please do not think of people here in tsikot (or even in kotse) as simple (as in simple minded), we are not. advertisements of a technical nature must be that, technical. you are not offering to sell us shampoo or herbal remedies, so please give us details and explain things to us in scientific terms. like giving us the schematic diagram and chemical process, complete with reaction temperatures involved in your invention for starters. sales pitches do not go very far in this forum, sir.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    hi mr. yebo,

eco is not mr. alegre.

you seem so conceited as bolstered on the way you post. what were you trying to imply? - that the GMA feature was paid? the GMA and ABS-CBN features did not in any way do a critical evaluation of the device. there is this so-called developmental journalism, where all positive stories that can contribute to nation building are reported.

because the ego device was recognized by the DOST and other government agencies (in fact, it won an award) the two stations find it fitting to feature the device. true, they may be expert in mass communications but don't you think it is logical enough that a recognition from DOST which is composed of experts in the field of science and technology is an affirmation of the device's efficiency? and why expect them to be as 'knowledgeable' as you are? their main task is to report and not do a critical evaluation.

i am sorry, i just find you very conceited of your profession as an engineer. mr. alegre is an architect by profession and he may not be as 'expert' as you are in mechanical engineering.

hindi ko na problema kung ayaw mong maniwala sa kakayahan ng device. it is enough that the invention was recognized by DOST and other agencies.

This invention was developed by an architect who has a sterling record in pollution control and fuel economy. Take note and this is on record: he topped the enercon test during the Marcos era, besting other technologies from other countries abroad. He has travelled around the world sponsored by the UNDP for exposition. So what does this tell?

Why not do something positive and use your technical knowledge in developing a solution to air pollution and the rising costs of fuel. Who knows, it could be more efficient than the EGO device.

It wonders me that everytime there is a post on an invention like this, you often come out and blabber about that such is a fraud.

By the way, are you Leandro Seguerra?
    Last edited by eco; August 21st, 2004 at 12:55 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    questioning a product and its attributes is legit. of course, we want more detail soas not to be fooled.

But generalizing and concluding that ALL media is BOBO is uncalled for.

Perhaps one might have gotten abad experience from the media before but this does NOT mean ALL of them are useless.

Not all features are paid for. I am not saying i believe the product or technology but there is a proper way of verifying it rather than making it seem that media practicioners are irresponsible.

You will surprised that there are media practicioners who are also well educated in technology and engineering even if they do not have a degree in either of them.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by eco
    hi mr. yebo,

eco is not mr. alegre.

... the GMA and ABS-CBN features did not in any way do a critical evaluation of the device. there is this so-called developmental journalism, where all positive stories that can contribute to nation building are reported.

because the ego device was recognized by the DOST and other government agencies (in fact, it won an award) the two stations find it fitting to feature the device. true, they may be expert in mass communications but don't you think it is logical enough that a recognition from DOST which is composed of experts in the field of science and technology is an affirmation of the device's efficiency? and why expect them to be as 'knowledgeable' as you are? their main task is to report and not do a critical evaluation.

Well, there was that TV feature on a water powered car (two actually, a Lancer then a Corolla) invented by Mr. D. that was later proved to be a fake by tsikot people.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by eco
    hi mr. yebo,

yada...yada...yada...

I still dont see any definite numbers that supports the claim by the "inventor" that the device works.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my name is not Leandro Seguerra. i assumed you are mr Alegre since the ego is mr Alegre's invention.

why not just answer the questions? why not just tell us what we want to know?

if there is anyone here who is conceited, it is you. you seem to think that just because the ego has won an award from the DOST that those laurels on your cap are enough for anyone not to have the right to question that device. as can be clearly seen from the website, the testing was done using an exgaust gas analyzer as what is used on smoke emission testing. read my previous post again, as i have said i find that sort of testing misleading and useless since what it does sample is the combined exhaust and air after the device. why can you not design an experiment that measures the moles of HC and CO before and after the exhaust is passed through the ego? i have great doubts about the DOST award because of this. an exhaust gas analysis done by an smoke emission tester will not give the required confirmation that there is indeed a reduction of HC and CO. what results it will give is the percentage of HC and CO. i repeat, that is not an indication that the amount of HC and CO was indeed reduced from the original amount of exhaust.

instead of exploding like a thin skinned puss, why don't you just answer the questions????

i reserve my right to question anything that defies the facts and logic i have learned through the years, both in university and by experience. so please do not be so conceited yourself to think that people do not have the right to question your claims.
    Last edited by yebo; August 21st, 2004 at 02:37 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Originally posted by yebo
    i assumed you are mr Alegre since the ego is mr Alegre's invention.
    as i told you, i'm not mr. alegre.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I ain't no engineer nor architect nor inventor... I'm just a simple minded tsikoteer. But if that product's so good, why isn't every car in the US equipped with that thingamajig if it's been around for decades? Since they're so concerned with pollution over there...

Smoke emission test? If you just keep your car well maintained, you're not gonna fail that. Even a well kept 69 beetle will pass local emission standards. So why spend more?

And fuel efficiency? Again, if you keep your car in top shape and drive normally, you can meet or beat the manufacturer's quoted fuel consumption. And if I ever want to really save on fuel, I'll take the bus.

Increase in power? If I wanted power, I'd buy a more powerful car, or replace the engine at the very least. That's why my car is classified under "economy car". It's not built for power.

I can probably make a similar product from old tin cans and Carefree panty shields.
    Last edited by the_wildthing; August 21st, 2004 at 02:55 PM.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
anti-smoke emission and fuel-saving device