Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sorry po sa 3x post ko...
    again, let's pray for Mr. Alegre...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by benny010
    i don't know if this is true, nasa by-pass operation daw si mr. alegre according to his son mike... tumawag ako sa cell# indicated on the website... kay mr. alegre pala iyon..

if this is true, let's pray for his early recovery so that he could answer all inquiries here.

if you guys need a 1 year old car to test this device, I'm willing to test it on my trooper. 8-)

PEACE!!!
    Mr. Duping Alegre sufferred from a heart attack last Friday afternoon, August 20th. He was rushed to the Philippine Heart Center where he is presently confined waiting for a by-pass operation to performed on him anytime now when his condition improves.

Mr. Alegre was last interviewed by Susan Enriquez of GMA-7 last Thursday, August 19th. A segment about the EGO was shown later in the evening at 11:15pm in "SAKSI", then in "UNANG HIRIT" following morning and finally in "24 ORAS" in the evening of August 20th.

Let's all pray for Mr. Alegre's early recovery!:worried:
    Last edited by add616reneb; August 27th, 2004 at 06:58 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by eco

I could have outrightly told the people here of Mr. Alegre's condition to erase suspicions that he was obtuse of his own invention; but apparently i declined.
    And thats where your problems with tsikot.com started.

Some people here are really mean and I cannot understand why they had to go on degrading my father to the point of calling him a fraudster without a solid basis to back the claim. Forgive me if at one point I was mean.
    We wanted information in the device. You kept on avoiding answering those questions directly. But you did attack those same people on a personal level, maybe in a though of re-directing the topic away from the device.

BTW, we were calling your device a fake/scam, not your father. If you were HONEST from day one, we would not have reached this point.

If you are trying to market/promote your father's device here or anywhere else, you should first need to have a working knowledge of the device because the way you were avoiding made you look/sound dishonest about its claims and abilities.

People from tsikot.com are from all walks of life and from all levels of education. Do not expect all of us to believe you because you simply said it is so.

My father doesn't know that I posted his invenrtion on tsikot.
    So this would mean its all your fault. Given you do not have any understanding on how your father's device works, you cannot defend it against its critics.

I know that majority of tsikoteers here were educated by the Dominicans. Let us all be responsible and compassionate just like what our alma mater taught us.
    Look, what does being a Dominican educated person have to do with this? Are you trying (again) to mislead the topic?

Anyway, I am not a cold nor heartless person. I sincerely hope that your dad recovers soon and would be back on his feet the soonest.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    very well-explained !

Originally posted by yebo
    i'll correct your error if you don't mind. wag pikon ha.

your understanding of the venturi effect is in reverse - you had mistakenly assumed that the decrease in pressure will be on the exhaust pipe but that is where the driving pressure is coming from. that is wrong.

a venturi device creates low pressure on the the WALLS of the venturi, not on the entrance of the venturi where the flow is coming from. in the case of the EGO the pressure supply side is the exhaust pipe. the resultant low pressure is on the manifold where the air enters.

as in the carburator, the driving force in the venturi is the incoming air flow. the resultant decrease in pressure is in the fuel nozzle. it sucks the fuel up the nozzle, it does not increase the air flow by creating a vacuum in the venturi section of the carb.

if this still confuses you, back to basics tayo.

a decrease in pressure will result on a surface where there is incident tangential air flow. that is, a flow of fluid parallel to a surface results in a decrease in pressure on that surface. that is how a piece of paper laid flat on top of a glass table will get blown by wind from the glass table. the flowing air over the paper creates a decrease in pressure (or vacuum effect if you will) on the surface of the paper, thus the paper lifts up from the glass top then gets blown away by this same air flow.

this same principle is the same for the venturi. a flow of fluid in a pipe that has a hole perpendicular to the pipe longitudinal creates a vacuum on the hole. this is because the hole cross section is tangent to the air flow. another version of the venturi is vacuum by increasing the discharge diameter. in this case the hole can be parallel to the air flow. but since the walls of the bigger diameter discharge is in vacuum then the hole is also in vacuum.

now this involves "work". work involves energy. creating this vacuum on the walls of the venturi needs energy, agree ka ba? where does this energy come from? in case of the carburator, it is the pumping/suction action of the pistons on the open intake manifold. in the EGO it is the exhaust gas being pumped out by the piston on the open exhaust valves. so if it involves the consumption of energy, does it not follow that it is in effect a constriction on the exhaust? so again the effect claimed by the inventor is actually the reverse of what is considered fact in long accepted science.

kuha na how the venturi works? agree ka na that it in fact creates a constriction and not a scavenging effect? the resultant increase in mass flow rate due to the induction of air in the EGO actually results in more work for the engine to pump out the exhaust gases.

period.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    very well-explained !

Originally posted by yebo
    i'll correct your error if you don't mind. wag pikon ha.

your understanding of the venturi effect is in reverse - you had mistakenly assumed that the decrease in pressure will be on the exhaust pipe but that is where the driving pressure is coming from. that is wrong.

a venturi device creates low pressure on the the WALLS of the venturi, not on the entrance of the venturi where the flow is coming from. in the case of the EGO the pressure supply side is the exhaust pipe. the resultant low pressure is on the manifold where the air enters.

as in the carburator, the driving force in the venturi is the incoming air flow. the resultant decrease in pressure is in the fuel nozzle. it sucks the fuel up the nozzle, it does not increase the air flow by creating a vacuum in the venturi section of the carb.

if this still confuses you, back to basics tayo.

a decrease in pressure will result on a surface where there is incident tangential air flow. that is, a flow of fluid parallel to a surface results in a decrease in pressure on that surface. that is how a piece of paper laid flat on top of a glass table will get blown by wind from the glass table. the flowing air over the paper creates a decrease in pressure (or vacuum effect if you will) on the surface of the paper, thus the paper lifts up from the glass top then gets blown away by this same air flow.

this same principle is the same for the venturi. a flow of fluid in a pipe that has a hole perpendicular to the pipe longitudinal creates a vacuum on the hole. this is because the hole cross section is tangent to the air flow. another version of the venturi is vacuum by increasing the discharge diameter. in this case the hole can be parallel to the air flow. but since the walls of the bigger diameter discharge is in vacuum then the hole is also in vacuum.

now this involves "work". work involves energy. creating this vacuum on the walls of the venturi needs energy, agree ka ba? where does this energy come from? in case of the carburator, it is the pumping/suction action of the pistons on the open intake manifold. in the EGO it is the exhaust gas being pumped out by the piston on the open exhaust valves. so if it involves the consumption of energy, does it not follow that it is in effect a constriction on the exhaust? so again the effect claimed by the inventor is actually the reverse of what is considered fact in long accepted science.

kuha na how the venturi works? agree ka na that it in fact creates a constriction and not a scavenging effect? the resultant increase in mass flow rate due to the induction of air in the EGO actually results in more work for the engine to pump out the exhaust gases.

period.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Real ways to save fuel
    Don't despair - there are lots of simple tips to save on fuel, that cost little or nothing! Use these tips and a 10 - 15% fuel saving is almost guaranteed...

Slow down - boring but true. Driving 10% faster will use between 10 and 20% more fuel, because air resistance is so much higher. Ask yourself if the time you save is worth the extra cost

Close windows and sunroof and take off the roof rack - reduces air resistance

Keep the air conditioning switched off unless you need it because the weather is hot or muggy

Clear out the junk - carrying excess weight wastes fuel, so see if you really need to be carrying all that heavy stuff round with you

Anticipate - instead of accelerating madly and then having to brake hard for junctions or traffic jams, try and anticipate the hold-up and moderate your speed so you don't need to brake so much. Braking is just throwing energy away!

Keep tyre pressures up - sticking to the recommended pressure will save fuel and also give better handling. (Goodyear reckon if your tyres are 20% under-inflated you use up to 10% more fuel!) You can get "low rolling resistance" tyres, but the extra cost may not be justified by the fuel you save

Use a high gear - engines are more efficient at low speed than high speed, because so much power is wasted just moving the parts of the engine. As long as the engine isn't labouring (at a rough guide, don't go below 1500 rpm), then change up

Service your car regularly - not so critical on modern cars (fuel and ignition don't go out of adjustment in the same way), but worthwhile even so

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    The EGO is scheduled to featured hopefully in "MOTORING TODAY" and "AUTO FOCUS" of Mr. Butch Gamboa. The Interview is to be conducted this coming Tuesday, Sept. 7th, 2004 c/o Sunshine Television Office in New Manila, Quezon City. Let's all wait for the segment and watch and hear the verdict from one of the leading authorities in automotives in the country!:nerd:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sana nandun din si eco.

para makita ko ang ka gwapuhan niya.

paging ser yebo at ghost...ahrharharhar

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    email ko nga isa sa staff ni butch gamboa, classmate ko nung high skul hehehe! kaso dehins yata open ng email ang loko e, nawiwili sa gf ang mokong.

let's see hehehe!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    di pa pala tapos itong thread na ito hehe...

matagal na ako nanood ng motoring today/auto focus but it doesn't say anything negative or bad about the cars they test or feature..

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
anti-smoke emission and fuel-saving device