New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Like from the hose inlet to the filter to the injector pump to the injector lines etc.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On a W123, just open unsrew the bleed pump, pump like hell, then screw back bleed pump.

On most other vehicles, open drain under fuel filter, pump like hell, screw back drain.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    what i do is pump first, open bleeder screw, let the air out, pump again, open bleeder until the fuel that goes out is pure diesel wala nang air. then pump it again until the pump hardens.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I second ARB. Pump first then bleed, just like... ;)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    some injectors will not work if there is air in the lines from the injector pump to the injector. so you will also need to bleed the lines one by one. as in the posts above, bleed the injector pump first, then open the fitting nearest the injector just 1/2 turn, then pump until the fuel comes out. do this with all the injectors one at a time.

although i'm not familiar with the diesels in your suv/pick up, most of the small isuzu, toyota and mitsubishi engines i work on need this to work properly. you'll know a completely bled injector line when the engine runs smoother than if there is still air in the lines. this is due to uneven injection if there is air since air can be compressed. think of the air in the line as a spring, it contracts and expands as the pressure varies. as the air contracts in volume during the high pressure injection phase it leads to a smaller amount of fuel delivered by that particular injector.
    Last edited by yebo; June 7th, 2005 at 11:49 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Otep: yun usually ginagawa ko but may knock padin, when I had it bled sa shop ng friend ko (nagpalit kasi ako ng filter) iba yung result sa kanila nawala knocking at low speed/idle that I've been having the past 2 years.

(lagi kasi ako nauubusan ng gas hehe)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ARB/Alfred/Yebo: Thanks din nga pala hehe... try ko pag kailangan na ulit i-bleed... :D

Ano proper way (step by step) to bleed a dieself fuel system?