New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I've observed that everytime I press the gas pedal, this certain whistling noise comes in. I've brought this problem up to a some mechanics and they said it's normal for my car (Civic 96) to sound this way. Some said it's the tappets (tama ba spelling?) and some says it's the the bearing (tensionare / tensioner ek ek). Saan ko po ba pwedeng dalin to para malaman yung totoo? Di ko lam kung gagawan lang ako ng pera nung mga yun. I've heard some vti and lxi engines and wala naman nito so I think it's not normal. Who would you recommend?
    PS. Walang aircon po pag tinetesting ko. Sir speedyfix sana mabasa mo to. Kung mabasa mo man. magkano pagawa and parts. TIA

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    try to check first for vacuum leak,like intake manifold gasket leak.it is most noticeable during high rpm. spray some injector cleaner in that area to find that annoying noise.the cleaner will create rough idle or sometimes the engine dies when it gets into the leak,but dont worry it wont hurt anything or if this is not the cause try to spray water to the belt and tensioner.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    you will have to bring it over to see. mahirap magsabi kung di pa namin nakikita kung saan galing yung problem

Annoying sound from my engine (whistling).. help!