New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Their website.

From what I understand, the device claims to instantaneously create Nitrous Oxide (i.e. laughing gas) out of thin air.

But the site is a mish-mash of scientific speak, like the 'How it works' section, that sounds incoherent.

The DOST-ITDI documentation shown has an interesting disclaimers to it.

A DENR-EMB certifiaction showing emission tests on assorted vehicles with and whithout Aero-nox.

Dyno-test at Meguairs-Kamuning (?) with a 1997 Nissan Ultra Power Eagle that appears to show improvements in power and torque. They also dyno'ed Kia Picanto, Nissan Cefiro 3.0 done in Kuala Lumpur.

Googling Aero-nox and EPA provided links to unrelated topics regarding airborn aircraft NOx emissions.

I'm rather dubious about this device.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://www.eranio.ph/

http://www.eranio.ph/images/aeropdf.pdf
    (go to page 34 onwards to see pictures of the device)

Basically it is a PVC tube with 2 or more metal tubes inside. The metal tubes are connected to a box which feeds it with electrical power via a single wire.

The DYNO tests were done at SPEEDLAB, QC. using vehicles loaned from Meguair's.

Note: there was a major flaw in their method of testing because they only did one dyno pull for without and another pull with the device. They did not do a third test to reconfirm the gains recorded by the dyno was from the device or simply from a "Ferrari tune-up". A 2 horsepower gain is too small to conclude a successful device that claims HP gains. On the same dyno at another time, it was shown to me that a car can loose up to 5hp simply by turning on the car's park lights.

During the testing at SPEEDLAB, the DOE and DENR staff were already making pre-determined conclusions on the yet-to-be-seen test results. They were also taking videos and pictures of the entire "event" while at Speedlab.

Of my observations of the device as installed on the vehicle, its purpose seems to be to ionize the air as the engine sucks it in. I can only assume the power brick is a voltage transformer to convert the car's 12 volts to a much higher voltage (in the thousands of volts). I didn't dare touch the metal parts because if I am correct, it would be like being touched by a stun gun. I seriously doubt the claim about it creating NOx though.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; May 26th, 2008 at 06:02 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As for the claim gains in fuel milage, their own test data will be enough to disprove that there is not enough "gains" to claim is there any gain.

Let me use the data from the pickup:

................L/km......L/km......percentage.
    distance....... w/o.......w/.........difference..
    .................. device....device...............
    1. (104 Kms.)...0.0698...0.0680...2.6%
    2. (140 Kms.)...0.0738...0.0682...7.59%

Just checking with the values of the two runs w/o the device, you will get a difference of 5.4%. Given the claimed gains of the device on this vehicle is between 2.6% and 7.59%, I find it very hard to conclude any solid proof of any gains.

Even the runs of the Kia Picanto shows a difference of 7.39% between the runs of without the device. Yet the gains claim 6.5% to 7.3% ... My scientific sense would say the so-called gains are only "system variations" and can not be used to claim any gains or losses in fuel mileage.

As I have mentioned in my previous post, the people were already making conclusions even before they have done the actual test. They have prejudiced themselves into thinking that the device would work as claimed even if proper scientific analysis of the data would have proven otherwise or inconclusive.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; May 26th, 2008 at 07:16 PM.

I just saw this thread now.

I have a confession to make. Aeronox user ako. A dela Cruz gave us 2 test units sa Toyota Revo Owners Club. 3 years na ako religiously nag-m-measure ng FC ko, and 4.5-5km/liter is my best measurement. After installing the device (March 31, 2007), 5-5.5km/liter na average ko, to this day. Also, power "seems" to have increased. Is it psychological? Maybe. I don't have money or know-how for dyno-tests. I did several emission tests though. 1st test was w/o Aeronox. 2nd test was w/ Aeronox, but had higher emissions. I gave all test results to dela Cruz, to be forwarded to Evangelista. 3rd test went down to similar figures as 1st test. So emission test was inconclusive sa case ko. Feeling ko pa nung una, naka-sama yung Aeronox. Pero, since nag-improve emissions to original figures, I decided to keep the device.

Here was the original feedback I gave to the group:

Hi all,

My ride is a 2003 VX200 A/T gas (1-RZE), all-stock except for the grounding kit. I committed to test out the Aeronox device on behalf of the group, and here are some results (partial):
    • On the morning of March 31, Saturday, I topped up with Petron XTRA unleaded (same gas as previous full tank), before proceeding to the installation site. I filled up a little over 34 liters, which covered 192 kms (~5.6 kms/liter).
    • I drove to East Ave, to have an emission test, prior to Aeronox installation. CO levels is 2.29% (passing is 3.5%), and HC is 163ppm (passing is 600ppm).
    • Proceeded to Project 8 to have Aeronox installed.
    • Test drove after installation, around half a kilometer. Then proceeded home (Pasig-Cainta).
    • All of the day’s driving was 56 kms, and I topped up again, 8.75 liters (~6.4 kms/liter). Of the 56 kms, around 40 kms was w/o Aeronox, and 16 kms was w/ Aeronox.
    • Drove my normal weekend and house-office routine in the next 5 days. Topped up on April 5, 16.92 liters covering 93.9 kms (~5.5 kms/liter). This was prior to my out-of-town drive to Tagaytay.
    • Drove to Tagaytay on April 5, and went back home to Manila April 8. Revo was unused the entire time in between. Topped up again April 8, 20.79 liters covering 169.3 kms (~8.14 kms/liter).
    My analysis:

• There is a slight increase in power. Engine is more responsive. Power increase is like having the engine performance of a 95 octane gas, using 93 octane.
    • Initial top-up (yielding an economical 6.4 kms/liter) cannot be attributed to Aeronox. Traffic was pleasantly moderate on that Saturday afternoon, and I had good stretches of fast driving. Majority of the mileage was w/o Aeronox installed.
    • First “real” mileage results did not yield any savings (5.5 kms/liter is my normal consumption). However, I am giving this the benefit of the doubt. I may have been heavy with the gas pedal, and trying to maximize the power increase. Baka subconsciously, sinagad ko yung engine with Aeronox installed. I have to admit though, this was really disappointing.
    • The 8.14 kms/liter Tagaytay trip is the best mileage I have on record. Considering the traffic I encountered in Tagaytay rotonda, and in Sta Rosa. Previously, my record is 8.0 when I drove down from Baguio.
    • Final test will be another emission test this week (with Aeronox installed). If the emission readings are noticeably lower, then this device is for keeps.
    • Kulang yung 2-week trial period sa akin, kasi low-mileage traveler ako. I wanted to test Aeronox in conjunction with a 95 octane gasoline sana (e.g. Caltex Gold). Baka lumipad na yung Revo nun.
    • Pero so far, so good. I think Aeronox is better as a device to increase power. Baka secondary na lang ang gas savings.

I will post the 2nd emission test results, as soon as I have them.

Thanks,
    Pao
    Theory ko lang is that the effectivity of the device is dependent on the amount of air intake. Since short-distance trips lang ako, and stop-go traffic, there's little benefit for me. Baka mas ok ito for people plying highway routes, where airflow is good. Or for those with open-type filters (e.g. K&N, Simota).

Will I recommend Aeronox? Maybe not. Hirap rin i-recoup yung P6,000. Pag dumadaan nga ako sa Proj8 HQ nila, sarado parati, so I also get that "I've-been-scammed" feeling. Pero nandyan na yan. Actually, I've already converted my Revo to LPG, but the Aeronox device remains in my air intake.

Siguro, instead of bashing the invention, we should try to do whatever we can to help improve the product? Meron ba dito nag-test run nung device? Why not reach out to Evangelista or dela Cruz, and ask for test units. Since mas maalam ang mga tsikoteers dito, then maybe we can help with the testing process. Meron naman tayo friends at Speedlab, etc. Kung mali ang testing nila, let's correct them. In the end, kung talagang scam, eh di alam na ng lahat ang totoo.

When I read through the really nasty remarks from the skeptics, I feel ashamed na isa ako sa naniwala. Pero really, did these skeptics even give it a chance, or straightaway judgement na lang?

I'm sure maraming R&D rin ang ginawa ni Evangelista dito. I don't think he was out to scam people. He did seem to have legit consultations with DOST and DENR.

Honest feedback lang sa actual user. Sa totoo, if I can get a refund, I will. Pero that's not to say na the product has no merit. It's just that LPG conversion was a better way to go, and feel that I no longer have the need for it.

Sensya na sa nobela.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I did not press a conclusion on the device/gadget before when this thread was first started because there was not enough hard data.

But now it is different. Using the data from the product's own website, it can be concluded that there isn't any indisputable fuel mileage gains since the claimed "gains" can easily have been "system variation".

The same goes for the horsepower claims. A gain of two horsepower on a single dyno pull is not conclusive because it was NOT repeated to be able to plot a data trend with and without the device working.

Damned DOE and DENR peeps who already have the measuring "toys" in front of their noses but do not know the basics of scientific laboratory experimentation. Some of them are even too engrossed in playing with their digital cameras and digital video recorders to be really useful other than dead weight.

Probably the only thing this device actually does deliver is in the anti-pollution claims although I still have my doubts on this as well.

--------------------------------------

Side note: I actually got better fuel mileage percentage gains during my 2005 acetone tests than this gadget claims on their website.

Link to Fuel conservation using acetone thread... (scroll down a bit to see)
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...=18520&page=14
    Last edited by ghosthunter; May 26th, 2008 at 09:48 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    aeronox_usa was here and then where is he?

Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    Wag na tayo umasa na tatambay dito yan. As I mentioned, kung yung HQ nila sa Proj8 nag-sara na eh.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    Where: San Franacisco, CA, USA

My guess, he was accessing the internet using the hotel or cafe internet access to post here in tsikot.com. He should be back by lunch time (manila time) tomorrow.

:popcorn: stay tuned

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    at first glance (as per the descriptions posted), and taking the "lightning" in a more serious sense of the word, this device is an ozone generator. to a small extent also (depends on how high the voltage generated is) it also generates oxides of nitrogen. if that is nitrous oxide or otherwise we can not be sure.

anyway, there are hundreds of patents for ozone generators installed on vehicle air intake systems. the logic behind it is that ozone, being a more active form of oxygen, can produce better combustion inside the engine. scientific tests have proven that it works , BUT ONLY TO A SMALL EXTENT. the gains to be expected from such a device is in the range of about 2-3% as per what i've read before. i'm too lazy to do the research on it again but as far as i can remember (and i'm an old forgetful arse) it's around that percentage gain in efficiency only. unfortunately it has also been proven that it does more harm to the engine than good. a 2-3% gain in thermal efficiency does not justify the cost of deteriorated rubber air intake tubes, corroded intake manifold and cylinder heads, and frequent oil changes due to oxidized oil. not to mention the fact that ozone is a pollutant in the lower atmospheres. btw, i think there was also a thread somewhere here in tsikot (or was it in kotse) where the posibility of feeding ozone to the intake to enhance combustion was discussed.

as per the nitrous oxide, the hp gains does not necessarily indicate that the device does generate the said gas. the hp gains indicated in the dyno tests can be easily achieved with the ozone alone. maybe the "inventor" did not even understand the science behind his "invention". (sorry to mr. de la cruz, but i can not call him a legit inventor as this brainchild of his has been around for ages.)

o ayan, di na bias yan ha. it works, but just so so.

as per the dost/doe/denr, all i can say is that if they really are scientists would they really work for those outfits? c'mon, they are there because that happens to be the first job interview they passed! any self respecting automotive engineer will be working for the big automakers earning the big bucks, not for a pityful philippine government salary in an underfunded agency. their antics (videocam in hand, hello!) say that they are more probably PAID to testify than anything else. sorry, but they did endorsed khaos before and that made me lose all and any respect for them. totally unforgiveable!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Emong3 View Post
    so far the best and effective fuel saving device that i use is my stand alone engine management system.

From 6 kms/L now I get 10 kms/L on my SiR... ;)
    Can you please enlighten me more about your "Stand Alone EMU"... I think you have a real honest to goodness driver controlled lean fuel system.

PM me or whatever.

http://uncutvideo.aol.com/videos/30b...b0369c4d039d90

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast