New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Ano ba ang best for fuel economy. Press the pedal steady or Press ON/OFF(bombahin) a Diesel Engine.
    Sabi ng mekaniko pag diesel engine daw press ON/OFF the Pedal to continuosly inject diesel fuel. Any comment?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    on and off siguro... kasi kung constant ang press mo sa gas pedal yung RPM ng engine mo tumataas din unlike paminsan minsan lang na apak. just my two cents.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sir acenie, a lot has been discussed already with regard to fuel economizing driving techniques...just search through the forums here...

IMO, as long as you have moderation in stepping on the gas, that's as fuel economizing as you can get...i don't think it's practical to step on/off the pedal, mangangawit ka lang. also watch your rpm (i think between 2k and 2.5k and efficient for diesels)
    Last edited by BeetOls; January 19th, 2006 at 11:56 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Be steady and work through the gears... Stepping on and off the gas; can't see the logic why in an m/t unlike in an a/t where flicking your foot off the gas a bit helps upshift the tranny.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dapat swabe ang paa mo sa diesel lalo na kung 4d56. Kapag binomba mo iyan, malulunod and magkakaron ng black smoke.

Hinay hinay lang sa arangkada. And maintain a constant speed.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    baka naman mekaniko ng owner type jeep yan nagpayo sayo. yun dati owner jeep namin ganyan din turo sa kin. pero with mitsu diesel, parang gasoline ko din i-treat ang silinyador.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    with modern drive by wire diesel engines (are D4D's drive by wire already?), there's no difference in how you step on the accelerator pedal. no matter how hard you step on it, it's still the ECU that will control the engine.
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    basta apakan mo til 2 to 2.5k rpm, enough na, constant lang yan and ull be ok na.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehehe...just drive it the way you drive a gas engine...shift ka around 2,000 rpm or when you feel kaya na ng engine yun next gear. If you want power just downshift. Swabe ika nga sabi ni Mr. Swabe Otep. ;)

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    imo kung fuel efficiency, low rev means low fuel consumption therefore keep to a minimal but enough rev for each gear as much as possible, that way makakatipid talaga. case to case naman kung kailang bumirit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Accelerate (Diesel Engine) Highway