New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    To my fellow Tsikoteers , Kailangan ko po ng expert advise nyo. Sana po matulungan nyo ko.

One of my cars is a 90 corolla GL 16 valve which I truly loved since it's my 1st car.

Here's what happened po mga Sir:

1. Nag halfway yung temp gauge ko then i noticed smoke coming from reserve coolant container, I checked and it was almost empty when it cooled down i refill my radiator with almost 3 liters of water.

2. When i got home. We remove the radiator cap then water is going upward instead of going down upon pressing the gas pedal. When we put back the radiator cap water will came out from the coolant reservoir overflow hose upon reving the engine.

3. My cousin prepared a pressurized hose with water then he removed the butterfly underneath the radiator to flush and replace the water/coolant inside the radiator. Once he feel that the warm water coming out is already cold he ask me to start the engine and he was surprised after a minute or two the water flowing suddenly becomes warm.

4. Habang start ang makina, we remove the engine oil cap on top of the engine then cover it with his hand without revving the engine then oil will shoot up to my cousins palm.Sabi nya dapat daw alang langis na tataas at dapat hangin lang ang mararamdaman.

5. Bale i noticed din po na mabilis uminit then matagal lumamig yung engine. Pag uminit po halos di mo mahawakan yung engine sa sobrang init yung sa may top cover po.

6. When i got the car several months ago. Naka experienced na ng tatlong overheat yung sasakyan, So got radiator overhauled, nag try na ring mag coolant pero parang nakasama.

Regards,

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    have you replaced/checked the condition of your water pump bro?
    feeling ko di nag cicirculate yung coolant properly.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    first step pa overhaul mo muna radiator mo baka barado and check water pump, replace thermostat, check for leaks at radiator hose

4. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    I'll do what you advise po.. Thanks.. To those na makakabasa nito please feel free to put in your advise para ma try ko rin po just incase there's anything I might have missed.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    In your previous post, you said the radiator was overhauled.
    If the coolant is shooting up when the radiator cap is out, most probably you have a blown cylinder head gasket.
    The auto technician should be able to correctly diagnose that symptom.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    pareho po pinagdaanan nang tsikot natin sir, sa cylinder head gasket po yan. Heto yung link ng topic kasi nagpa-advise muna ako sa mga guru natin dito http://tsikot.com/forums/engine-fuel...verhaul-90134/.

Bale top overhaul po siya. pag nabaklas na po ang top ng makina niyo po pachek mo nalang din sa mekaniko mo ibang parts katulad ng valve seals at piston ring mo sir.
    Sa budget maghanda ka ng 10k at sana walang ipapamachine shop kasi sakit sa madugo pag nagpamachine shop pa sir.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel20 View Post
    pareho po pinagdaanan nang tsikot natin sir, sa cylinder head gasket po yan. Heto yung link ng topic kasi nagpa-advise muna ako sa mga guru natin dito http://tsikot.com/forums/engine-fuel...verhaul-90134/.

Bale top overhaul po siya. pag nabaklas na po ang top ng makina niyo po pachek mo nalang din sa mekaniko mo ibang parts katulad ng valve seals at piston ring mo sir.
    Sa budget maghanda ka ng 10k at sana walang ipapamachine shop kasi sakit sa madugo pag nagpamachine shop pa sir.

Thank you so much sa lahat ng nag advise. Just today ni -replace yung cylinder head gasket with some minor parts replaced. Tomorrow pag ok na I'm going to test drive it. Hope that will be the last, Medyo hassle pag traffic and the Sun is up tapos your worrying if mag overheat.. Advise din na maglagay 1 liter Prestone Coolant then all remaining Wilkins Distilled water. Regards to all

8. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel20 View Post

Sir Gabriel20, yung nagawa yan sa car mo naulit po ba ulit yung problema mo with overheating?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Thank you rin po Sir tip_tipid sa advise mo. Swak po yung sagot nyo sa concern ko..ofcourse sa lahat din ng nag reply.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    sir ask ko lang san ka nagpareplace ng head gasket mo and how much ang inabot?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast