New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    My car is nearing its 80k mark. I understand that this is the time that i will need to replace all fluid components and some of the parts as recommended by the casa (timing belt etc.) Im not really a car person and during my car's 40k PMS i remember coughing off Php 15k for the PMS. I really did not pay attention to what parts was replaced then. Since my car is already out of warranty, I was thinking of not having the PMS done in a Casa but on an alternative shop to save some dough

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good, trustworthy but reasonably priced shop that conducts this kind of service. Also, anyone of you have a checklist of what parts should be replaced, services that i should ask the shop?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What car is this?

Usual things to be changed (this can vary but its a safe bet):
    - oil/oil filter
    - spark plugs
    - air filter
    - fuel filter
    - gear oil/ATF
    - differential oil (if any)
    - PS fluid
    - brake fluid
    - t-belt (if any)
    - water pump
    - valve tappet clearances are checked and adjusted (if needed or if the engine doesnt have auto adjust valve tappets)
    - Clean the brakes
    - Check the suspension/underchassis
    - Check the belts and hoses
    - Replace your radiator cap (if this is already a few years old)

If you buy the parts, a Goodyear Servitek or shops like Speedyfix can do the job. Most of my 80,000km service was done at my suking mekaniko and Motech.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Sir Migs of Speedyfix could help you out on this.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    What car is this?

- oil/oil filter
    - spark plugs
    - air filter
    - fuel filter
    - gear oil/ATF
    - PS fluid
    - brake fluid
    - t-belt (if any)
    - water pump
    - valve tappet clearances are checked and adjusted (if needed or if the engine doesnt have auto adjust valve tappets)
    - Clean the brakes

If you buy the parts, a Goodyear Servitek or shops like Speedyfix can do the job. Most of my 80,000km service was done at my suking mekaniko and Motech.
    Toyota altis 08

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    change all fluids. rotate wheels. speedyfix does all of those. maganda pa reputation nila dito sa board

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiosbravos200 View Post
    Toyota altis 08
    More or less that's what has to be done (what i listed). You can confer also with your Owner's Manual. Wala lang PS fluid for the Gen 10 Altis as it uses a electric PS system already. You may want to change your serpentine belt as well if this has not been done.

For parts, try buying from Toyorama in Banawe.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hope it's ok to add to this thread regarding a similar question.

I'm also up for 80k PMS -- Toyota quoted it at ~15k. I've always had the PMS done in Toyota, but one thing I don't like about having it done there is that owner's aren't allowed to closely observe/watch their people work on whatever they need to work on, unlike in other "talyers" where I can see for myself and discuss why they need to change what, and if they really changed it. Speedyfix has been recommended, which I hope can give a lower price (will cal tomorrow)-- question, though, is there any advantage at all to still have it done at Toyota?

Also, my Altis is around 4yo with low mileage (80k) as it's not heavily used. If the following will be done:
    - oil/oil filter
    - spark plugs
    - air filter
    - fuel filter
    - gear oil/ATF
    - PS fluid
    - brake fluid
    - t-belt (if any)
    - water pump
    - Clean the brakes
    - serpentine belt
    automatic ba na everything on this list SHOULD be done to be safe, or depends on visual inspection if some items are still look ok then no need to change (e.g. if the belts still look good, or the fluid still look clean, then don't change... etc) ?

Thanks for any advice.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    ask ko lang po fellow tsikoters kung anong size ng serpentine belt ng toyota altis 2005. dito sa area ko bando lang ang brand na available, ok lang ito? salamat

9. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    makigamit nga po pala sa thread. hehe

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dhenz76 View Post
    ask ko lang po fellow tsikoters kung anong size ng serpentine belt ng toyota altis 2005. dito sa area ko bando lang ang brand na available, ok lang ito? salamat
    i like bando. we also use mitsuboshi in our ancient cars.
    if you doubt the outside brands, you can buy your replacement belt from the casa, and have your non-casa mechanic install it, para mas mura labor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
80k PMS: alternative shops