New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rmsoriano View Post
    Maybe sir you are right, dapat SAE 40 na lang dito sa Philippines, but this is not what our car manual is telling us especially for new engine, maybe the Car manufacturer is just too conservative in telling us what oil to use here in the philippines, beside they don't even know in which part of the world that our car maybe used or exported. If you want to know how the first number and letter differ from each other in terms of functionality, the link below might help you,
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWiQyR7PWII]esso engine oil winter conditions part 1 - YouTube[/ame].
    But again, AFAIK, sae40, 0w-40, 5w-40, 10w-40 and 15w-40 oils will just flow in the same manner here in our country considering an ambient temperature of 30 degrees centigrade kahit pa cold start, kasi nga eh nakikita mo naman yung oil condition sa container nya with an ambient temperature here in the philippines, definitely, sa loob ng engine ay ganuon pa rin ang condition nya. Siguro nga ay sa additives na lang nagkakatalo ang different oil brands.
    Thanks sir for the video. I could imagine that there wont be much significant difference in lubricating the engine in our condition for 5w vs 15w since both will reach vital parts fast. Maybe it is the fuel economy that would be benificial for lower w rating while warming up, which is just +/-5 min. Im off to get the delo400 then.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Martz1977 View Post
    Thanks sir for the video. I could imagine that there wont be much significant difference in lubricating the engine in our condition for 5w vs 15w since both will reach vital parts fast. Maybe it is the fuel economy that would be benificial for lower w rating while warming up, which is just +/-5 min. Im off to get the delo400 then.
    Me too sir, I am also eyeing for that Delo 400 for my next oil change, coming from 15w-40 RP Oil....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    the lower the better meron pa nga ung 0W winter grade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12