New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For those who know:

Whats the more superior oil for my 4d56? Mitsubishi diesel engine oil or the petron trekker?

Before kasi I was using the trekker. Now I'm using the mitsu engine oil. Halos pareho lang, but whats more suited for my engine?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Chief, if you were to base it on specs, check out the API ratings of both oils on which would be more up-to-date.

I also use Trekker on my pick-up and i'm quite happy with it... Cheaper then Delo but it has the API CH-4 rating.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Here's another way to look at it: Who actually makes the oils? Mitsubishi just sources their oils and brands them Mitsubishi. It's like Toyota oils which is sourced from Caltex.

If the oils have the same Api rating then you may possibly be paying more for a "Petron" oil which was branded differently. Just get the oil specs of the mitsu oil, ie, viscosity and API rating, then look for cheaper one with the same specs.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I see. Thanks for the help. Might as well continue using trekker since ok naman ang performance nito sakin, plus mas madaling isource out.

Thanks

4d56 engine oil