New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Mga Paps,

I have the the manual and it says "tighten 2-3 times" and "torque to specs which is 118 Nm" for 4D56.

Other manual for other engines says "torque to specs then 2x 90 degree sequence"

Another manual for another engine says "Torque to ### Nm, then loosen, then torque to ### Nm, then 2x 90 degree sequence"

So many methods, my question is what is really meant by the "tighten 2-3 times" for the 4D56? is it 2-3x 118 Nm or 2-3x 90 degree or some other angle?

Any info my dear paps? because what i did before was torque to specs then angular tightening method (2x 90 deg). Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    ang dead bolt nyo ba ay allen na 10 ang higpit nun ay 3 times na higpit ang gagawin mo ay hatiin mo yun 118 sa tatlo para maging tatlo na higpit kasi kung 12 points ang bolt ng head nyo yun ay plastic region ang procedure nun

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lexxus View Post
    ang dead bolt nyo ba ay allen na 10 ang higpit nun ay 3 times na higpit ang gagawin mo ay hatiin mo yun 118 sa tatlo para maging tatlo na higpit kasi kung 12 points ang bolt ng head nyo yun ay plastic region ang procedure nun

lexxus,

head bolt is 10 mm allen hex. yup may naresearch na rin ako na 3 stages ang torque sequence nun. Stage: 1 = 50 Nm, 2 = 80 Nm, 3 = 118 Nm.

Another question: are those 10 mm allen hex torque-to-yield bolts a.k.a non-reusable or not?

salamat ng madami.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    pwede yun re-use head bolt

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    lexxus,

Any additional info on the ff?

1. How about the loosening method for the bolts (manual says 2-3x)? any specified turns to loosen the bolts?
    2. Grade of the 10 mm head bolts for 4D56B? M8, M12, M14, etc?
    3. How many times those bolts can be reused? 2X or 3X?

Sorry, masyado madami tanong. just searching for a foolproof way so as not to do the repairs again.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    Mga Paps,

I have the the manual and it says "tighten 2-3 times" and "torque to specs which is 118 Nm" for 4D56.

Other manual for other engines says "torque to specs then 2x 90 degree sequence"

Another manual for another engine says "Torque to ### Nm, then loosen, then torque to ### Nm, then 2x 90 degree sequence"

So many methods, my question is what is really meant by the "tighten 2-3 times" for the 4D56? is it 2-3x 118 Nm or 2-3x 90 degree or some other angle?

Any info my dear paps? because what i did before was torque to specs then angular tightening method (2x 90 deg). Thanks

http://pdfdatabase.com/download/91-9...-engine-manual

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    jick,

i already have that manual months ago and i'm clarifying the contents thus my questions.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    jick,

i already have that manual months ago and i'm clarifying the contents thus my questions.

what it is trying to tell you is:
    tighten in two or three stages or passes, e.g.: 50 nM in sequence, then 75 nM in sequence, then 118 nM in sequence + 90 degrees in sequence +90 degrees in sequence

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    thanks jick. how about the retightening issues, shall i use the same torque specs again?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    thanks jick. how about the retightening issues, shall i use the same torque specs again?

quite a while back, the dealership where you bought the car used to retorque the fasteners in the engine and suspension. these days, dealerships are free of that burden because of plastic region bolts or fasteners like yours. sure, if you want to retighten the bolts, use the same specs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
4D56 Cyl Head bolt torque sequence???