New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Hi guys,

I am having problems with my Honda City 08. i noticed this about a month ago. My gas consumption is increasing. as of this moment, i am running at 6km/l. I had my oil and spark plug replaced. pero wala pa din. I don't know kung may tagas ba gas tank ko. or what. I need your advice before I bring this to the mechanic. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by effsandoval View Post
    Hi guys,

I am having problems with my Honda City 08. i noticed this about a month ago. My gas consumption is increasing. as of this moment, i am running at 6km/l. I had my oil and spark plug replaced. pero wala pa din. I don't know kung may tagas ba gas tank ko. or what. I need your advice before I bring this to the mechanic. Thanks!
    Dear Sir:

There are many possible reasons why you ride is consuming more gas.

One is the lack of regular, COMPLETE maintenance.

To wit, did you replace the air and oil filter when you changed the spark plugs and oil?

Did you tune it up when you did so? (Check timing etc?)

Did you replace the muffler or pipes with larger ones?

Another reason could be the type of driving you're doing - are you stuck in traffic for hours and hours?

Give us more info and we will be able to give better advice.

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by effsandoval View Post
    Hi guys,

What were the last few repairs / jobs done to your car?

Any modifications to the car? headers? muffler? intake? big alloy wheels? Subwoofers in the trunk?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    any modifications made with the car?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    assuming you already did all the regular maintenance required: change oil, spark plugs, clean/change air filter... if you can get access to an OBD scanner, you can check the LTFT (long term fuel trim) and STFT values of your car for any abnormally high readings. probably you have a "rich" condition. I've seen similar conditions without turning on the yellow check engine light for an error code. dirty/faulty MAF sensor and oxygen sensor can also cause this