New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by techsupporter View Post
    Easiest way is to upgrade your bulbs. Older bulbs lose efficiency over time. You can use +90 stock wattage bulbs like nightbreakers/XPs but these bulbs have short lifespan. Alternatively, you can upgrade your wires and then use higher wattage bulbs.

Currently, I am using Osram all-seasons with upgraded wiring/relays and it is far better that the stock wiring/bulb combo.

I will be using the bulbs on a crosswind. How much shorter is the lifespan of the osram nightbreaker / philips xps compare to regular bulbs with a higher wattage?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by xfreemanx View Post
    I will be using the bulbs on a crosswind. How much shorter is the lifespan of the osram nightbreaker / philips xps compare to regular bulbs with a higher wattage?

From what I have read, average is less than a year. That's why Osram has produced Nightbreaker Plus, claiming 50% longer life than the original nightbreaker.

This is all because of the filament design which produces more light for the same amount of energy being used (55/60w) in the expense of lifespan. High-wattage bulbs consume more energy to produce more light and have less compromise in terms of durability.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    just want to share..

i use splitfire superyellow or artic yellow yung name niya sa package..

55w slang siya..pero maganda yung buga niya sa stock na headlight..

believe it or not i've been using it for 4 years now and its still works..

all stock wiring and sockets..

bought it for 800 for 1 pair.

HTH.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    baka sir less than an hour lang gamit niyo at hindi pa everyday

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    The bulbs have just the standard wattage. add that to the stock wirings and low usage you'll have long lasting bulbs.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhollanda View Post
    tagal na rin akong naghahanap nito for H7 size. san kaya meron at magkano? meron ba tong yellow color?
    PM sent sir.

meron din yang all season sir.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I googled for info on osram durability. They say nightbreakers last 350 hrs, while regular bulbs last around 650 hrs.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    just want to give 2 cents worth. 60/55 = alternator rating = maximum output. if you upgrade your lights without upgrading everything else, the output of the higher wattaged bulb is not maximized since the alternator can only give off certain amount of power. i think it would be better to check for the real reason why you need to change your bulbs. baka naman malabo na ang reflector or foggy na ang lens or the bulb itself is already weak due to age. i know someone who mentioned that if you want to make the lights brighter by changing the bulbs, go for the lower wattage bulbs. this way, the output is maximized since your alternator or battery or wirings are still the same. i'm no expert but i can see my friend's point.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I googled for info on osram durability. They say nightbreakers last 350 hrs, while regular bulbs last around 650 hrs.
    Osram nightbreaker and Silverstar are good bulb .I used Silverstar more yellowish than nightbreaker and good for heavy rain.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    yes this is true, nightbreakers has only half the lifespan when compared to normal halogen bulbs. it's even indicated on the bottom part of the packaging.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Upgrading headlights (higher wattage)