New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2008
    hi members, consult ko lang kung anu problem sa corolla gli 95 ko. almost 3 weeks ko na po problema to.bago na po battery ko-bought a motolite gold 2 weeks ago..still i experience problem sa starting. bale wala po redondo...minsan wala click. so i brought it sa trusted mechanic ko and inayos lang yng wiring sa ground, last week po ginawa yun. ngayon problem persisted. bale 3 try bago po cya nagstart, kahit maiinit makina.tas dinala ko ulet sa trusted mechanic ko.sabi eh baka sa starter na solenoid ba yun (am not familiar), o yung carbon. tapos nung binanggit ko na minsan pag hard start eh walang click, i opened the idea na baka alarm. sabi ng mekaniko eh baka nga yun-yung anti-theft feature ng alarm.

help naman po...need your suggestions/ideas. balak kong dalhin sa mekaniko ulet to bypass na yung anti-theft feature ng alarm.bago i-check yung solenoid sa starter.

BTW, any idea how much the solenoid for corollo gli 95? just in case.

thanks much

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by heropopo View Post
    hi members, consult ko lang kung anu problem sa corolla gli 95 ko. almost 3 weeks ko na po problema to.bago na po battery ko-bought a motolite gold 2 weeks ago..still i experience problem sa starting. bale wala po redondo...minsan wala click. so i brought it sa trusted mechanic ko and inayos lang yng wiring sa ground, last week po ginawa yun. ngayon problem persisted. bale 3 try bago po cya nagstart, kahit maiinit makina.tas dinala ko ulet sa trusted mechanic ko.sabi eh baka sa starter na solenoid ba yun (am not familiar), o yung carbon. tapos nung binanggit ko na minsan pag hard start eh walang click, i opened the idea na baka alarm. sabi ng mekaniko eh baka nga yun-yung anti-theft feature ng alarm.

help naman po...need your suggestions/ideas. balak kong dalhin sa mekaniko ulet to bypass na yung anti-theft feature ng alarm.bago i-check yung solenoid sa starter.

BTW, any idea how much the solenoid for corollo gli 95? just in case.

thanks much

heropopo,
    for god's sake the car is 14 y.o. the starter must have been rebuilt or remanufactured at least two times. if it hasn't been, most of the causes of your symptoms are from the starter contacts and/or carbon brushes. the solenoid (relay) has two windings namely pull in and hold in windings. as the name implies, the pull in windings pull in the plunger of the solenoid to 1. engage the drive gear, 2. make contact between terminal 30 (hot at all times) big cable straight from the battery with the "C" terminal which goes and is permanently connected with the armature through the carbon brushes and to ground. now, with age and multiple start cycles, the contacts(readily replaceable) wear out and does not have electrical contact between "C" and terminal 30 meaning the battery current does not flow to the starter or the carbon brushes are worn not completing the circuit for the solenoid to ground. make a simple diagram from this and it will make you rediscover the art of the starting motor cycle of operation. the most common expendable items for a nippon denso starter are the solenoid contacts and the brush and holder assembly. enjoy the ride.
    jick

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    heropopo,
    for god's sake the car is 14 y.o. the starter must have been rebuilt or remanufactured at least two times. if it hasn't been, most of the causes of your symptoms are from the starter contacts and/or carbon brushes. the solenoid (relay) has two windings namely pull in and hold in windings. as the name implies, the pull in windings pull in the plunger of the solenoid to 1. engage the drive gear, 2. make contact between terminal 30 (hot at all times) big cable straight from the battery with the "C" terminal which goes and is permanently connected with the armature through the carbon brushes and to ground. now, with age and multiple start cycles, the contacts(readily replaceable) wear out and does not have electrical contact between "C" and terminal 30 meaning the battery current does not flow to the starter or the carbon brushes are worn not completing the circuit for the solenoid to ground. make a simple diagram from this and it will make you rediscover the art of the starting motor cycle of operation. the most common expendable items for a nippon denso starter are the solenoid contacts and the brush and holder assembly. enjoy the ride.
    jick

your car does not need a "mechanic". your starting systems problem is not mechanical. your car needs a total technician with specialties. remove/replace procedure just makes you spend more time and money on guesswork. you might as well go to a gypsy and ask what the future holds for your car

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Feeling ko starter solenoid yan or carbon brush. At any rate, just buy both, kasi 14 years old na rin naman ang kotse mo.

Kung ignition kill kasi ng alarm yan, hindi aandar yan kahit ilang beses. My ride has a Clifford alarm din kasi, with that feature.

Don't know exactly kung how much ang starter solenoid for a 95 Corolla, but to give you an idea, 1.4k ang starter solenoid for my 97 Accord, and 900 lang for a 98 Civic when I canvassed it 2 years ago. Mas mura malamang ang sa Corolla. Yung carbon brush, wala pang 30 pesos yan each, tapos you need at least 4 yata.

5. Join Date
    May 2008
    Thanks po marami sa reply nyo....Yung mekaniko po pala na nabanggit ko about the alarm at solenoid eh eletrician na yun...sori po di ko na-clear. BTW, sabi po nya baka yung delay sa alarm ang problem .....me point po ba siya? Police po yung alarm ko. Anyways, sabihin ko din sa electrician yung mga suggestions nyo ..pag trouble shoot nya yung auto ko. Thanks ulit.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    mas masusundan ng electrician mo pag may starting systems schematic diagram

7. Join Date
    May 2008
    Hi po ulet...nangyari po ulit yung problema ko sa pagstart....parang ang culprit eh yung alarm. nung pag start ko una walang problema, nung remove ko yung susi,parang intermittent (o mahina yung kuryente) yung pag-automatic open ng doors, at nagblink yung ilaw ng loob ng car. then pag-start ko ulet, di na naman nagstart sa one-click....mga 5 times na susi bago sya nagstart at kelangan mawala yung intermittent na kuryente sa auto-open ng locks at pati na rin sa ilaw. Anu sa tingin nyo - tama po kaya yung hinala ko?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by heropopo View Post
    Hi po ulet...nangyari po ulit yung problema ko sa pagstart....parang ang culprit eh yung alarm. nung pag start ko una walang problema, nung remove ko yung susi,parang intermittent (o mahina yung kuryente) yung pag-automatic open ng doors, at nagblink yung ilaw ng loob ng car. then pag-start ko ulet, di na naman nagstart sa one-click....mga 5 times na susi bago sya nagstart at kelangan mawala yung intermittent na kuryente sa auto-open ng locks at pati na rin sa ilaw. Anu sa tingin nyo - tama po kaya yung hinala ko?
    Ask your electrician to DISABLE/DISCONNECT your alarm....then use your car.
    It will tell you right away if that's the problem

Starter or Alarm Problem?