New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    How does a charger prolong battery life, I have a smart charger and my battery is now 21 months old and seems to be in.good condition pa, brand is Emtrac

2. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    ^ Wag mag madali. The product is relatively new and ayaw pa nga ibenta sa akin ng
    Lancol. Nagpumilit lang ako. The app is still on the unstable side and I’m working with them as a beta tester.

Buyer beware.

hindi ba made in China yang Lancol?

3. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    How does a charger prolong battery life, I have a smart charger and my battery is now 21 months old and seems to be in.good condition pa, brand is Emtrac

a low-charged battery hastens battery sulfation

What is Battery Sulfation?

loss of cranking power.
    longer charging times.
    excessive heat build-up leading to "boil out"
    shorter running times between charges.
    dramatically shorter battery life.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the battery plates break down faster (sulfation), if kept for longer times in under-charged condition.
    these plates break down more slowly, if they are kept in fully-charged condition.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 8th, 2020 at 09:34 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    To the guys who keep their chargers in trickle mode for extended periods how often do you guys need to top up with distilled water? Our 1-2 year old Amarons have quite a bit of spilled fluid coming from the vent. Haven't had the time to remove the batteries and pop off the caps yet.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dunkindd View Post
    Nakita ko na. Sa lazada pala meron nyan

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    ^ Wag mag madali. The product is relatively new and ayaw pa nga ibenta sa akin ng
    Lancol. Nagpumilit lang ako. The app is still on the unstable side and I’m working with them as a beta tester.

Buyer beware.
    thanks for the heads up bro
    btw for the record my reply was dunkidd

Sent from my RMX2020 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    1.7k is a good buy and relatively cheap considering its features. I got my foxsur(basic features) for 1.3k. Pero sabi nga ng ibang tsikoteers, bago pa yung product sa market. I hope it will turn out good.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    To the guys who keep their chargers in trickle mode for extended periods how often do you guys need to top up with distilled water? Our 1-2 year old Amarons have quite a bit of spilled fluid coming from the vent. Haven't had the time to remove the batteries and pop off the caps yet.
    mostly due to overcharging
    pwede mo check while trickle charging if may sa vent nga lumalabas or if may leak sa case mismo. btw naka strap pa naman battery mo sa auto? baka vibrations din kasi pwede cause ng leak/crack

Sent from my RMX2020 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    if you do not mind opening the caps in your maintenance-free or low-maintenance batteries (and possibly voiding the warranty),
    i recommend opening and examining before and after every charge, and topping up as necessary.
    just like what we used to do in the olden days.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    hindi ba made in China yang Lancol?
    As sure as the sky is blue and the Earth is a globe. What is your point?